Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
maybe someone can help me i had a big race last weekend, while practicing on friday i noticed when i am riding hard my front breaks will sometimes fade until i have almost no front breaks at all, when i try to use them i have none if i am riding hard. but when i am just riding or putting around have never had a problem with them, only does it under agressive riding.

i have bled the breaks over and over and has plenty of fluid in it, could anyone else please help me with some suggestions.
thanks in advance,
donnie

·
Registered
25 Posts
Look at your right front tire (as seen from the seat) and see if there is a lot of wear on the rim or metal shavings. It appears that rocks can easily lodge up between the front brake caliper and the rim when riding aggressively or racing. This seems to cause several problems:
1) We lose pressure and the brakes act weird.
2) The right front tire locks up seemingly at random.(and at the worst time)

It is sometimes very hard to see/find the small rocks. I had to take my wheel off the last time it happened.It seems to only happen to the right front tire and it happens to all of the predators around here. Out of 50 or so moto's it has locked up our brakes about 7 times. I actually broke a brake caliper and had to have it replaced.

PS: We did the same thing you did, bled the brakes, took it apart, could not see anything, etc etc. I think you may have the same problem. Not sure what else it could be. I was so frustrated but luckily it happend right in front of the manager of the local polaris shop. They were able to take everything apart and diagnose on the spot. Turned out to be a small rock stuck in there and you could not see it and it would not shake loose.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the advice, will tear it apart one more time to see, but i have breaks when i am not riding over aggressively, just when i throw it into a curve riding real hard or something it scres me to grab the breaks and nothing happen.
thanks
donnie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts