Polaris Riders Forum banner

filings in oil

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  red121572 
#1 ·
ok, just changed my oil again, 4th time maybe 40 or so hours oin it about 3-4 tanks of gas trhough the machine. Every time I change it there are filings on the plug magnets. There arent a lot of them, but im starting to be a little concerned. I'm using the PS4 oil and the Polaris filter every time. Is this common or should i be loading up and giving my dealer a visit? thanks for your ideas

#3 ·
Depends how hard your running it,but it sounds normal.Keep your clutch adjusted properly.

#4 ·
yeah, one thing i had to keep in mind when i discovered this was that this is the first quad ive owned with a magnetic plug. so all of my other quads were catching the shavings with the filter only!

#5 ·
what do i need to be doing to adjust my clutch? firts quad ive ever had with a clutch. that basically sounds like it though, a little sludge for the main part, some in the crankcase that look more like slivers, but only on occasion

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.