Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your favorite gun type? Do you have one and if so how often do you get to fire it?

I am partial to shotguns. I love the versatility of these weapons, short or long barrels, rifled or smooth bore, pellets or slugs...

For home protection or sport shooting I think the shotgun is one of the least expensive and most reliable weapons that can be purchased.

At this time I have a Mossberg 500 12 ga pump.

·
Premium Member
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
While looking around online for some videos of guns I found this one and it would be a blast (pun intended) to shoot this thing!
AA-12 AA-12

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Pistols and assault rifles are my deal for personal use, and anything HK!

The 'ol Mossberg 500. That was my first gun (with the pistol grip).

Personal inventory:

HK USP .45

HK USC .45 Carbine

M1 Carbine .30

30-40 Krag

AR15 16" Pre-Ban .223

Savage .223 HB Varmint Rifle

That AA-12 is bad azz! To bad they didnt make it look meaner!

My Wanted List:

SPAS 12

Desert Eagle .44mag

Baby Eagle .40

HK USP .40 Compact

Chris

·
Premium Member
8,086 Posts
You guys will laugh but I am so used to firing the 92fs Beretta from my military experience that that is what I have now. It is a compact but its only slightly shorter and the a regular 15 round mag sticks out the bottom 1/2 inch. Most do not like this gun but I can shoot it better and reload it fasterthan the others.

I also have a Karr 40 cal. along with a pheonix .22. There is a 30-30 short berral Marlin somewhere around here.

·
Premium Member
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a couple of other guns around but I still like to shoot the shotgun the best for recreation. I have a Colt 45cal government model 1911, it's kind of old...5 digit serial number. This one I don't shoot very often. It just sits close at hand ready to use if needed...lol Also a Marlin 336 30/30 cal lever action brush rifle that has harvested a large number of wild hogs and deer. This one is my favorite hunting rifle, it has the old open sights and looks like it's been through a war or two but it shoots well and is easy to carry in the heavy brush. It will stop a charging hog in his tracks if need be...lol

·
Premium Member
2,653 Posts
Here's my Toy - Ruger Mini 14 580 series with a Smith Muzzlebrake, Accraglass bedding, Gundoc Trigger Job, Recoil Buffer and reduced gas port bushings. Its pretty nice and shoots very well for a Mini 14.

·
Premium Member
2,653 Posts
I have no clue why the pic isnt working.

·
Premium Member
4,620 Posts
my favorite weapons are my 45 cal cheapo high point. has never mis fired or jammed and this one has been with me a while. tauraus 44 mag revolver 7 1/2" barrel, ruger 300 mag composite stock awesome for long distance dropping power, and my old 1932 7.62x54 massin nagant rifle open sights. this is a real accurate weapon for being short and easy to carry. it has been to war long before i was born and made it back so i could use it for the rest of my life. all of them are fun. i fire my 45 auto daily. that and the massin nagant are my favorite too plunk away with along with newer and older 22 semi auto's. the 45 is what i carry always.

·
Premium Member
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you guys who shoot often use reloads? If so are you buying them or loading your own?

I'm thinking that this year I might buy a reloader but I'm not sure about it yet.

·
Registered
174 Posts
My M4-A1 AR-15, S/W M&P .40, and my son's .17.

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
I have a weapon or two as well. Most are illegal in Cali, so I keep them at Mom's in PA.

AR-15
Mossberg 500 20 ga
Browning BPS 12 ga
New England Arms break action 10 ga (My shoulder hurts thinking about it)
Dad's Vietnam M1 .30 cal
Marlin over/under 22/410 The perfect squirrell gun!!
Ruger 10/22 Stainless
Ruger Mini 14 Competition
Muntgommery Ward Lever Action 45-90 (No one makes ammo anymore, but it will shoot 45-70)
Remington Model 700 in 243, 270, and 30-06
Glock G27 40cal
Glock G31 357

No reloading here, I'm too lazy. Plus it's a pain to get supplies here in the "People's Republic of California"

·
Registered
174 Posts
I tried reloading .223. Never got the hang of it. .223 costs $9.00 for a box of 20 here. Acualy thinking of selling my AR-15 since i cant afford to shoot it.

·
Premium Member
8,086 Posts
I had an ar15 but sold it. It was an m15 national match stainless barrel. I also had a colt 1911 .45 national match pistol that I sold. They were both nice but I want things I could carry more easily and I never got out enough to shoot the ar15 since leaving the shooting team for the guard and then quitting the guard all together. I got to shoot lots of cools stuff though.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
I have a few myself,

Marlin model 60 .22 - Great plinking toy

Marlin 917 .17HMR - My rabbit sniper rifle

Benelli Nova 12 guage - Ducks fear it

CVA .50 cal muzzleloader - The deer no longer fear because now there is only 1 shot.

And if I can talk the better half into it soon I will add a Springfield xd45.

I just wish I had more time to shoot.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I was looking into reloading before I moved over here. I usually hit the gun/knife shows and buy bulk ammo from there for plinking. If I cant get bulk I will go to reloads.

For home defense I load 230gr Black Talons (still have a couple of boxes) or 230gr Federal Hydra-Shok.

Chris

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
^^Nice collection!

What caliber is that CX4, and how do you like it?

It was a toss up between that and the HK USC. I really wanted the USC, as it was .45, and the CX4 was 9mm.

Chris

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
CX4 is 9mm. It is **** accurate and you can get mags into the 20s and 30s for it. I will put up a pic of it as it is now with new optics, foregrip, laser system. The AR got some stuff from trijicon also so I have a boner for my guns right now.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Nice man!

I'm pretty much in love with the .45. Looking to get a .45 conversion upper for my AR.

When I go home in the summer my dad and I load up the guns and head to the range for a day of shooting. That is one of the highlight of my summer vacation.

Chris

1 - 20 of 73 Posts