Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which exhaust is the best for my new Predator ?
what's the different between each exhaust ?
Thank's

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi fvl,

The way things have been going across the counrty with so many Predators being sensitive to jetting/pipe changes, if I had it to do over, I would just wait a while and see how some of the new complete and slip-on systems test out.

HMF, PowerTech, Polaris (White Brothers), Yoshimure, Trinity, and FMF all currently have or are working on systems. I really feel y0ou should wait for jst a few weeks to a month,,,I think they'll all be available by then...

JJ

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think the HMF pipe is awesome. I don't know why it is different than any of the other pipes, but I do know it made my Predator feel like a whole new animal. I've got the slip-on, K&N filter, 165 main jet, and raised the needle one notch. The bike pulls super hard in the low to mid-range all the way to the rev limiter. I would suggest this pipe to any Pred owner. I don't know about the others, but I can also tell you that it sounds way better than the WB.

·
Premium Member
2,096 Posts
How much louder is the HMF over the stock pipe? Did the 165mj come with the pipe?

·
Registered
249 Posts
night and day - way louder. you can get jets thru hmf for extra charge(but they recomend a 155 with there slip on). if you go to any local motorcyle shop they most likely will carry the mikuni jets. the jets are pretty much universal.

www.hmfengineering.com

·
Registered
315 Posts
Next to nothing. I usually just buy a whole bunch in case i need em.

·
Registered
249 Posts
my local dealer charged me $3 a jet

·
Registered
34 Posts
I beleive when I replaced my jet there were two types of jets, a large and a small. If I remember correctly, it was the smaller that fit the predator carb.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where i can buy the head pipe white brother for my predator
Thank you

·
Registered
343 Posts
White brothers hasnt realeased the head pipe yet. Polaris realeased a statement saying they where going cancel the headpipe. I have heard though that they just postponed it. SOOO...your gonna have to wait for our WB headpipe!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Wait until some more options arrive and are tested by the mags. There is not much to choose from yet, and some of the ones available are actually robbing horsepower from the quad. By mid summer everyone should have there kits out and they will definitly have some much better systems out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just ran the Polaris (white brothers) slip on and K&N filter until somebody does a complete exhaust comparison. But I will say the combination makes my Pred hit so much harder from start to limiter........... another machine all together. And I though my KFX700 was strong.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have a Big Gun pipe and silencer. It works well, but I want a K&N filter yet. Once I get that, I'll get it jetted and the valves adj. Hopefulley then I can run with my buddies Raptor.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts