Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ,,, been a while ,,the ol machine was running great all this time until now ,,, i parked it in the building a few wks ago,,, About 3 - 4 wks it sat there until the other day i took it out for a spin ,,,,, it takes its gas good until i hit around 40mph (3/4 --wide open) than cuts right out !!! if i slack off and hit it again it will take its gas than few sec later start bogging out again ??(around the 40--45 mph mark) ,,, ,,, Fr a dead stop u can floor it,, hold it wide open and will work good ,, it seems like once it hits 35 -- 40 mph just cuts out ???? I cleaned the Air filter & carb (even tho carb was clean) Changed spark plag and still does it ,,, n e ideas ?????

thanx
Brian

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
Change your spark plug... that's my first suggestion. If that doesnt' help, pull the carb and spray it out with carb cleaner real good. Check the float wile you're at it and also the vacuum slide.

Rob

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey ,,ya pulled the Carb off again as many other poeple said it has to be the Carb AND sure enough when i took it off and looked down the inside where the Throttle Side goes it was full of Dirt!!!!little clumps of crap everywhere !!!!...,,, , sooo i stripped it all down and Blew it out & spayed it ,, put it all back together ,,, and took it for a run & it worked Great !!!!!! TIL THIS HAPPENED !!!! :(

·
Registered
184 Posts
See all along your quad was just trying to keep you safe, now you get to much power and you crash, what good did all that extra power do anyway. Just kidding. You OK?

·
Registered
209 Posts
You ok?? That sucks...

Dont feel bad.. I was in the local POPO shop today.. Guy came in with a front box to a 08 sportsman and a front nose clip, totally busted to heck..

He said he had the quad for 5 days..

LOL

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL holy crap ,,,, ohh yaa guys im fine,, i jumped off as the nose was going in the air , than i watched it land upside down beside me :( ,,, got most of it back together now ,,Bent all the brackets out,, just need a frt Rack ,,one frt Light and the whole POD essembly !! and it'll be good as new,,,well now today broke the Rear sprocket ,, so now i need frt/rear sprocket & Chain !!arhhhhh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts