Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know if anyone had any problems with their predator shutting off and not having any power(no lights,no starter,no nothing)I have heard that the starter switches go bad and burned the starters up.any info would be a help!
thanks willdog

·
Registered
36 Posts
It seems to me that even if the starter was burned up, you would still have power to the lights and stuff-it just won't start. I am about to buy a Predator, so I've been researching all the problems with them. The electrical thing you've mentioned is new to me. Do you actually know anyone that had these problems?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have had no electrical problems, i am very pleased with the quad

·
Registered
231 Posts
No problems with my starter. My starter switch did stick on me today, but know big problem. May have been because of all the dirt I had on it...ya think. lol. Squirted some di-eletric oil on and good as new. 0 problems. Great machine.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yeah it was just some dirt, the same thing happened to me, mine works fine now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just wanted to let you know I found the problem It is my key switch it acted up on me yesterday.I went to shut my quad off and it stated running I started it up again and shut the key off and it stayed running and then shut off.I have been racing mine GNCC and this is the only Problem I had!!!
Problems that I seen at the races so far STICKING STARTER BUTTON,OVER HEATING,ONE BAD KEY SWITCH AND ONE BLOWN HEAD GASKET.just to let you know if you are thinking about buying one do it!!!! IT rips I raced A 250r,400ex,banchee,and a raptor in the gncc and my Predator is the best you cant beat it and it only gets better from here... thanks again for the input
Willdog

1 - 7 of 7 Posts