Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to an ATV rally this weekend and when I came to a creek crossing. I had to ride in about 1 1/2ft to 2ft of water for approx 30 yards my Predator died and would not restart. After being towed out of the water and waiting about 10 minutes I was finally able to get it running again. As I was waiting I watched several other predators trying to cross with the same results as I had. At first I thought that I might have water in the airbox, But I looked and It was totaly dry. I then learned from another rider that the wires going into the case on the left had side are individual strands instead of one sealed strand and that water was leaking into the electrical system by the flywheel. I gobbed silicone on this area and haven't had a similar incident yet. I hope this took care of the problem and may help someone else.

·
Registered
557 Posts
One other item you might want to check is the vacuum lines coming from the top of the carb exit below the rear swing arm (there are 2 of them). When you get in deep water and hit the gas they will suck up water into the carb stalling you out. This has happend to 2 other predators I rode with. To fix this I just looped the vent lines up around the upper rear motor mount. I figure if water ever gets up that deep I am screwed anyway.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yup..simple vent line fix. Move your two large hoses that come from the carb up higher. I ran mine along the top of the frame.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts