Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the best jet for my pred.?

it work's good?

Dyno jet it is the nice stuff or there is something better...?

·
Registered
231 Posts
This is just my opinion of all the jet kits out there for sale....HORSE ****!!!!!!!!!! I can do the same thing for less than $10! Plus I can change it around to what ever climate I'm in rather than being stuck with only the jet kit that they sent me. Just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions.....

·
Registered
394 Posts
ya opinions are like you...assholes (j/k) everyone has one.

·
Registered
231 Posts
No offense taken....I see where you are from and I totally understand!! HA!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
well u are from misssouri the show me state and I will show you how to ride a pred. LOL

·
Registered
231 Posts
LOL!!! I hear ya ole buddy!!!

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
I bought a DYNO for my new pipe, so I am anxious to see how it works too.... Ill find out this week I guess....TINA :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi all,

This works great for me (sea level in So. Cal.):

1. W/B slip on with 8 discs and the quiet core insert at the rear.
2. Slip-on K&N filter #RU-1770, mounted directly to the carb, with an Outerwear cover.
3. Dynojet jet kit, with DJ needle in the 2nd slot from top.
4. DJ main jet, #175
5. Mixture screw out to 3.5 turns
6. 38 tooth rear sprocket

PS...for sand, use Skat Trak Haulers in 20x10x10 (8 paddles), AVOID the Sand GECKOS!!!

Set like this it hauls ass, all the way to the rev limiter (8500rpm on mine), wheelies easily, leaps from berm to berm in the mid-range, and is far better running than ANY other jetting combo I tried (and I am probably the Predator jetting king, at about 40 changes!!!) Be sure to read my past posts regarding changing the carb screws...you'll be glad if you do!!!

I have not yet run it against Tres' Predator to see how my setup compares to his AirForce kit, but we will get together at Glamis soon. I like the simplicity of the slip on, it's very easy maintenance, weight reduction, and the placement of the filter higher up out of the incoming sand!

Although Gary at Superbike Shop says it is an outdated way of doing it, I am very satisfied, and don't feel threatened by any similarly set up "AirForce" kit Predators. Cost is also a factor, since the Airforce kit is $100.00, plus $40.00 for the drop in K&N panel filter, plus more filter maintenance required.

My DJ kit and the slip-on K&N cost only about $90.00 total through places like Rocky Mountain ATV on the web.

My next real $$$ outlay will be the Vortex CDI, at about $350.00...that will be the real help fo this machine!!!! Several guys have them now, and reports should be coming in soon to tell about results....

Just my current opinion...hope it helps....

JJ

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Those Geckos are some heavier tires too....... I will be using Turbo paddles I was going to get a set of haulers, but decided to buy another set of them. I have them on my 400ex and LOVE them.. And they weigh about a lb less... The only probelm with them is they dont come in a bunch os sizes, but they do awesome on my other quads....JJ I was wondering... Do you run a dune tire in the front? I ordered a set of Mohawks for my 400ex and was thinking about the same for the Predator.....I think it was Rob that said they did really well,but I cant remember for sure.....WEll I get my pipe hopefully tomorrow, so if I run into any jetting questions, I know who to ask since your the king on the jetting!!!!!!! :):):):) TINA

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Tina,

I haven't bought a front dune tire yet...So I can't say for sure which one will do the best for the Predator. I do feel it needs one though. I'm think I'm going to try the GBC in a 21x8x10..they're very affordable, and both my step-sons are using them with very good results on their Banshee and TRX250R.

Just give me a mail when you start your jetting mess....and BE SURE TO READ MY PAST POSTS ABOUT THE CARB BOLTS!!! The stock ones are SOOOO much pure CRAP that you will regret it if you don't change them out...

Good Luck...

JJ

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
thanks for the scoop..... how can I find all your past postings on jetting? Do we have a search button here? OOOOOOOOOHH NOO.........sounds like Im gonna hate this **** jetting already! LMAO I never could get my 300ex when I had it dialed in after putting on a new head pipe.. Turned out I needed to go up 2 pilots and my jetting stayed the same!!! its soo confusing, but hey..... I can read a plug good!! hahaha :):):):): TINA

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
There has been a Search button front and center on the main (Forum) page for ages...

Rob

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Thanks Rob. I didnt see it before....... :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts