Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got a chance to put my Predator on a tree and see what she would really do last night. Me and a buddy went down to Ashland, MS for some dirt drags "actually was more like clay drags the lauch pad was like launching on asphalt". It was almost impossible to keep the front end on the ground during take off. My first time trial pass was a horrible 6.089 that was with the rear shock compression on 1 and 5 lbs of rear air pressure. The second pass I upped the rear tire pressure to 15lb and raised the rear compression to 7 hopeing for some wheel spin, it dropped down to a 5.803 better but not what I know it could still do. With only 2 time trials I had to dial in so I took a chance and dialed a 5.65. But I still needed to do some more changes. So I then took my hand dandy tie down strap and pulled the rear suspension down almost completely compressed. 3rd pass pass came down to a 5.783 and got beat thank goodness for double elimination LOL. I then changed my dial in to a 5.71. 4th pass came on down to a 5.728 5th pass was a 5.734. Finally on the 6th and final pass I saw a # that somewhat satisfied me on a pretty decent launch and a good run it broke out with a 5.539. So I was able to shave almost .50 seconds off it in one night with just some minor tuning not all to bad. This week I will be building me a wheelie bar where I can launch this thing harder than 1/4 throttle and then have to back peddle it. I hope to see some 5.30s with just the adding of the bar and after a few more mods I will diffently get her in the high 4.90s. Anyone else that is dirt dragging please advise of any gearing or other mods they have found to work including anything to do this POS CV carb.

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
What's the distance you're running to get those ETs?

Rob

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunaly the timer setup was not that good there and did not give 60' or mph wish it did though. BTW my wheelie bar is almost complete just gotta weld up some brackets tomorrow and give it a shot.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
predator1 not haven't tried that yet but I diffently give it a shot I've never even tried to tune on a CV carb its always been flatslides for me and help on the carb would be much appreciated cause its gotta stay on till I can get the funds for a Keihin fcr.

·
Registered
65 Posts
This is the first I have heard of a mod for the CV carb. Is it safe to cut the slide spring? is this a common mod that a lot of people are doing?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the wheelie bar is on and I tested it today and I was able to do a rev limiter launch on asphalt and lays a 5' black mark and carries the front tires about 8" off the ground and it tracks very straight. So it will be up to the weather now to see how much it helps Saturday night. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can shave another .20 off the best time that will put me at a 5.339 and if I that will get me some what closer to the 4.99 mark.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts