Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First race of the year for me! I am super excited and hope the Outlaw can run good for me. I have got the quad pretty much ready to go. We should be racing three weeks in a row after this one so I will get a chance to see if the Outlaw is able to hold up racing for me.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Best of luck to you. I will be in Casey next weekend for D 17 MX action... I would like to go there and watch.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks ATV4PLAY. Do you race mx there? SSJEFF,i know, it is a good 2 hr drive for me. The closest races for me are actually in indiana, the Ironman and the one at the Badlands.

·
Premium Member
8,086 Posts
I was talking about the harescramble. I have done an MX but it was long ago and I am so much faster now and competitive, i would get myself hurt. I am not very good with the jumping.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I ride in D 17 MX series but do like to ride XC as well. Taylorville is about an hour and a half away for me. The trails there are flat and not challenging but the MX tracks are nice and well groomed.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah my first race ever was at Taylorville 2 years ago. It is a very easy track except for all the ruts and unexpected mudpits there. I got stuck in one on my first lap there and was buried so bad that a track guy with a utility had to pull me out. I didnt do to bad, though,, I got 5th out of 9 that race on my 88 LT250R. I am getting excited as this will be my first race in over half a year.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well plans have changed, taylorville canceled because they are pussies, we are headed over to the only other race we could find, a district 15 harescramble in culver, in. It is supposedly a sand race and really tight so we will see how it goes.

·
Registered
730 Posts
If you live anywhere in the midwest, you will be going to a mudfest.. We got an inch of rain last night and as soon as I got done mowing, trimming, and blowing off the yard it started down pouring again.. Looks like we may get another 1-2" of rain between today and tomorrow... It is a little late in the month to start having April showers in my book.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well the race went pretty good. I think I got 15th or 17th, cant remember which one, out of 22 but I raced B instead of C. The quad wasn't handling that great but I found out that I bent a tie rod in the first part of the race when I nailed a tree and the bars got ripped out of my hands and hit me in the stomach. I was pleased, though, because I had fun and finished with no mechanical problems for the first time ever on that quad. (except for me being stupid and bending the tie rod) If anyone has one that they can get to me by Saturday that would be great.

·
Registered
730 Posts
There is a D 17 MX Race this weekend in Taylorville if anyone is interested in going or watching.. I will be rocking the red Outlaw with the #508 plates if anyone wants to say hello!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would like to watch you race sometime, however I have a race at Fox Valley to go to so I can't make it. Good luck tho!

·
Registered
730 Posts
MX Race cancelled for Sunday... Total bummer but probably best for me since I haven't ridden on their new track yet.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That sucks dude. You should come up to Fox Valley and race XC this weekend. I am racing there with a few buddies.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Looks like we are about to get hit with a big storm again.. I just got in from mowing and cleaning up toys outside. You will have to make it down to central Illinois and ride at Brushy Ridge. Some of the best trail riding I have ever been to.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well the race went good for me after the first lap. The first lap had quite a few bottlenecks and it was muddy and slippery on the off-camber parts. I helped a few people out that lap and it took me 42 minutes! After that I started racing hard and ran 3 more 14-15 min laps and was able to work my way up to 3rd at the checkers. The quad has gone two races now with no problems, I an very encouraged by this!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Way to go, keep it up!!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts