Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone happen to read the review article(pg. 166) of the Maxxis Roosters in this months Dirt Wheels mag? I have to say that i am VERY disappointed in Dirt Wheels. That 1 page article was more about Predator bashing than about the actual reveiw of the wheels. I have found that Dirt Wheels has been using any chance they can get to bash the predator. They liked the Roosters on any other quad but the predator. They claimed that the steering of the predator with the front roosters on it caused the quad to bite to hard in the sand and made it difficult to slide it. They went as far as to say that the predator was to top heavy and felt "tippy." Then they said they like the raptor better. Isn't the biggest complaint about the raptor that its top heavy? how could it not be better than the raptor in the sand. I think Dirt wheels is biased towards the predator. Am i alone in this thinking? i am very disappointed in Dirt Wheels. Its no wonder that the ATV world has not gotten the recognition that it deserves when the ones that are suppose to be backing it spend time bashing it. Can't we all just get along.

·
Registered
101 Posts
It almost makes me want to cancel the subscription i just made to DW. They praised the predator in the first few articles they had on it, now they suddenly dont like it?? I think it is funny because i have owned alot of quads and the Predator is the best **** one i have ever had, and i havent even made that many mods yet. It goes **** good in the sand, i dont even take their reviews serious anymore.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It's a competition thing; Suzuki and Kawasaki are afraid that if all the mags keep boosting the Predator, their stocks will drop. So they invested more funds to the magazines for more coverage on their machines, rather than Polaris'. It's ok, the Predator speaks for itself, and that's a really good thing, especially considering Polaris has never been much of a "show boat" when it comes to advertisements. Again, their products speak for themselves.

Kawasaki is being very business-smart though. Think about it, they let Suzuki spend the money on the design of the z400, and then they bought in to it. They made A LOT of money by selling someone else's machine as their own. And then they come out with ANOTHER Sport Quad (KFX 700) to make even MORE money. Meanwhile, Suzuki is standing around wondering what just happened! Sorry, you probably didn't care, I'm just impressed with Kawasaki's tactics!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Just a note..they said they liked the 250R better..not the raptor..

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
I heard that Suzuki is buying out Kawasaki and thats why the KFX400 and the Z400 are the same machine. If you read the stickers on the side of the KFX it says, made for Kawasaki by Suzuki.

·
Registered
119 Posts
dw is bias

·
Registered
6 Posts
Everyone in the world is biased, especially magazines because there is always $$$$$$$ behind the "opinions" they give. But back to the main topic: I also have heard bad things about DW.

Fortunately I am Polaris biased!! :-D

·
Registered
53 Posts
i read that article, the main thing i didnt like was the part of calling it top heavy and tippy, wow, that is way different than what i think or anyone else, the thing to me feels planted on the ground, hard to tip even if i wanted to, my raptor,now that was tippy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts