Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody tried out the dial-a-jet yet? Got one coming.

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
Do they actually have one for the Predator? I went to their website and there was no mention of one...

Rob

·
Registered
315 Posts
Let us know how it goes. I thought those things were universal although i am probably wrong cuz i've never looked into them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will let you know how it goes. Hey Rob, if you call them they have them. Predator19 is probably right they probably are universal. I have one coming my way so I hope that they were telling me the truth that It will be for my pred. It's $69.95 plus $9.99 for the snorkel. I figure it'll be good in the long run. Maybe I'll get this thing running great sometime soon.
-Chris

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I put it on today. Seems to be running pretty good. First and second gear have some popping not as much as it was at all. I lost it in the rest of the gears. Pretty nice though. It'll be nice not to have to keep re-jetting now. They are pretty much universal. My box that I got said Honda and they wrote Predator on the box too. Hehe...... So there it is. If I ever get to go anywhere because it actually get's nice I'll let you know how it does with altitude changes..

-Chris

·
Registered
315 Posts
How much did it cost ya? How long did it take you to instal it?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's $69.95 plus $9.99 for the snorkel. And after I figured out how to take everything apart on the Pred. It takes about and hour if that. Pretty dang easy. I am very motor eliterate so anybody with some skill would do it in a flash.

-Chris

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
I just rejetted my machine tonight (I put in a 152.5 since I removed my airbox snorkel), and it took about fifteen minutes.

I think I may have to get one of those dial-a-jets so I can play around with it more... where did you order yours from?

Rob

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered it from Thunder Products. You have to call them to get it though. They don't do online orders and they don't have the Pred. Online either. But they do have them.

-Chris

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
What does it take to install one of these? I'm looking at their website right now and it kinda looks like you have to drill a hole in your carb. Is that true? I'm not so sure I want to do any carb mods, as that could cause warray concerns down the road.

Rob

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is two ways of doing it. The regular kit that they ship you comes with a plastic zip tie. And there is the pro mount that you would actually drill into your carb. The way that I put it in is by making a very samll hole in the carb boot between the airbox and the carb as close to the carb as possible and the dial-a-jet screws onto the zip tie and it's held that way. No puching holes into the carb itself unless you wanted to down the road.

-Chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts