Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let everyone know I got good results by installing a Dial-a-Jet today. The 150 main jet combined with stock air filter and stock exhaust gave me a slightly lean looking plug, so instead of re-jetting I decided to go with the Dial-a-Jet. Glad I did because the throttle response has been nicely improved! The kit directions say to drop 2 jet sizes on a stock bike, but I decided not to. I plan to put a pipe and/or silencer on in the future along with a higher flow air filter, so it's possible I'll have to go up a jet or two. The install went pretty well. Take time to pick the right spot in the intake boot because to seat is close to it. The snorkel kit ended up being a tight fit due to the seat, but it works. Check out my pics.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hey, that's pretty cool. Where did you get that from? I may be interested in one. I have a 160 jet and I think it's still a little too lean because when I'm at full throttle, it stills cut out on me a tad. I think this would solve my problem.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
WE tried the dial a jet on our 400ex and didnt have such good luck.. Glad yours worked out for you... WE had an discussion about the dial a jet on another forum and I talked the Comapny Thunder products into doing a discussion about there product there,it seems to be a good thing for some, but me personally couldnt get it to work right and had a few people we knew have some probelms with it,Also Honda told us they wont do any work or warrenty work on them with it on our quads, so we just stuck to what we originally had and got a refund... ~~ j_man~~........... just go to "thunder products" webite and they have all the info there,the guys is real nice too if you have any questions for him.........tina :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Cool...thanks for the info!!! Good information. I'm probably going to look into getting one. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just put it on mine. I have stock exhaust but I have a uni filter and 6 uni inserts in my box and i left it on the middle setting and it runs awesome. Wheelies are easier and the throttle respone is great.I would recommend it to anyone, I agree with sportzmann.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts