Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is any body had any experience with this line of tire.I tend to use my bike in rockey & wooded areas.The price seems to be really good.Any commects

http://www.csttires.com/

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
If you ride in a lot of rocks like you say, I'd go for a 6 ply tire for the peace of mind. It looks like these only come in 4 ply. I can't however speak from experience with how these tires perform.

Nick

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder what it means if nobody uses these tires? Maybe I will just buy some Klaws

·
Premium Member
5,389 Posts
I personally buy what people can give me an opinion on and don't like to be a guinea pig with my money. That doesn't mean its a bad tire just nobobdy want to be the guy to find out it is or isn't. I personally wouldn't buy a 4 ply tire tire for rocky areas though......I think stock tires are 4 ply.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Normally good advice but $188 for a full set I think is just to good to pass up . Hurricane Bill just blew through and deposited a number of POOL NOODLES in my yard ,so maybe I can compensate as per a recent thread I saw on the use of the fore mentioned noodles!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just as an update after talking with the dealer ,he informed me that CST is the manufacturing company in China that makes Maxxis tires.

·
Premium Member
5,389 Posts
you cant really compensate for thin(ner) rubber with pool noodles as they are more like a run flat IF the tires gets a hole and certainly won't last a long time being run on.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ohhh man don’t burst my bubble I was blissfully ignorant thinking that the tires even if bad could still be salvaged. Well it’s to late now

·
Registered
768 Posts
I have been seeing a few new tire brands lately in the mags. This CST and then there is Excel (bite) and STi (dirt trax). I heard that STi was owned buy ITP but don't know that for sure. I personaly would like to hear some feed back on the Maxxis Razr Ballance and the Kenda Kutters.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I just picked up a set of CST ambushes,have not rode them yet,if you think about it stock tires are 4 ply and they seem to last for the most part,I was skeptical too but the seem like they will bite very good,compound is a little soft but the tread pattern very unique,kind of multi layered and for the price I got them for worth a shot all 4 for $175 can't beat that,I will let you know how they work

·
Registered
785 Posts
klaws seem to be a decent tire. our Arctic Cats have them and so far seem to work well. anybody else have these ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts