Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any problems with a cracked frame yet????? I have to take mine in and hace it looked at. I pray its just the paint job!!!!!!!Im guessing this wouldnt be a covered item on the warrenty is it:? :::::::(:(: TINA

·
Registered
26 Posts
What part of the frame? I had mine looked at for paint peeling off around the welds on the rear axle where it bolts to the swing arm. They said it was not cracked, just air bubbles in the paint on the welds that made it peel.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have the same problem, however my frame did break! I broke near the gas tank where the crossbar that supports the gas tank is welded to the frame. Is anyone else experienceing the same problem?

·
Registered
156 Posts
nop

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mine turned out to be the paint thank God.......

·
Registered
231 Posts
Mine frame is still fine!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
G'day guys.

Been mucking around with the new vortex cdi before tomorrows race, & saw my frame cracked right thru on the right side just in front of the cross member holding the tank, left side has also started to crack.
Please check your bikes before someone gets hurt.
Email me if you want to see the offending photo.

"Atenciole" how did you get yours fixed?

Thanks from down under, Geoff.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
hey, id like to see that pic, so i can look at mine in the same place,, [email protected]
thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
497 Posts
Polaris seems to be apologetic about the frame, however the wait for the new frame is ridiculous. I don't Know if it is my dealer's fault of Polaris' faule or both, but someone is dragging their feet. It has been a month and my dealer still says it's going to be a "couple" of weeks.

I am disappointed at the way my frame has been handeled. It is obvious that the frame is weak in the particular area of the break. Bad design on Polaris' end. They do need to change the frame to compensate for this problem. I have talked to a couple of my friends and one of their frames is cracking in the same place. Too bad I made a $6k mistake before the predator was a proven machine.

I love my machine, but I hate dealing with greedy dealers, bad engineering, and slow service!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mine is not cracked buy I know of two other guys that their frame has broke in the places listed above. Their cracked frame was broke where there was no joint or weld in that area, broke in part of the smooth running pipe.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would say it is the dealers fault polaris is slow but i got my frame in less then a week mine was not cracked I crashed hard smashed my whole frontend a-arm stearing stem and all front plastic my stearing stem took the longest about 9 days.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Either way I am becomming an unhappy customer. If your frame is not cracked, it will, unless you ride like my grandmother or not at all. When it does I hope your frame is still covered by Polaris.

The frame is the problem. There is not enough tensile streingth it the area around the gas tank. Who are these engineers, did they go to school at all? Polaris did an excellent job with the suspension and the motor. Too bad they did not put enough effort into the frame. It would be nice if Polaris made good on the defective frames that they put out.

It is a nice attempt at a first sport quad, but not enough thought was put into it.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I understand you're not happy, but there is no sense in making a blanket statement the someones frame that is not cracked is going to. And if it doesn't they can't ride.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I agree about the blind blanket statement. Myself, and others in my area by no means baby our Predators. We also race them, organized. Pretty quick to blame an engineer, when you don't know for sure if it's a material, or maybe even a manufacturing process problem....or maybe just plain abuse of the product. Even $20,000 custom quads break frames. For $6000, you get a lot of bang for the buck, and I have yet to witness Polaris even questioning any warranty claims on this machine. It's easy to sit on the fence and shout at the guy that missed the ball, it's often times harder to be the guy getting the ball.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Right on modquad!! You squirted it right in the eye:)

·
Registered
497 Posts
It may be a blanket statement, but I do not abuse my machine more then others. AS far as a blind statement, I do have an engineering background, as do a lot of my friends, and after analyzeing the problem that is the statement they came up with.

Any ways woulden't you like to know about the problems before they happen?

All Polaris needs to do is put in some well placed gussets and the frame would be good to go.

As far as the guy yelling from the fence, it would be nice to be in the game if my machine was fixed. All I am saying is not enough testing was done to call the frame a "quality frame". It is more like a disposeable frame.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would have to agree with modquad I have two predators and have two friends with them as well we have not had any problem with cracked frames and i would say we ride pretty hard and are no small guys. And As posted before I smashed a frame and it did not crack. Maybe you got a bad frame not necessarily a bad design.

1 - 20 of 178 Posts