Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is to see if anyone has any good ideas on how to keep this bike cool. I live in AZ and the summer months here are getting into the 100's very fast. If I wanna keep riding during the summer, I need to do something to keep this beast from overheating. ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Radiator scoops and Redline Water Wetter. I"m organizing a test on all the coolant additives and the inline coolers for an article. You can check my site for scoops, I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone has matched my pricing yet.

Ken
Jetblastgear.com

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I will be including Engine Ice along with I think it's 5 other additives. Gonna be a long testing session for this one. Hopefully worth the time though. Gonna see what works and what doesn't. Right now my fan barely ever runs.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I run Engine Ice and air scoupes, it cooled the predator right down. Also if your are runnig the wrong jet, it will run hotter.

·
Registered
147 Posts
For those running Engine Ice, are you running that straight or mixing it? I heard it was like $17.00 for a 1/3 gal. Does that sound about right?

·
Registered
42 Posts
if you look at my pics you can see modquads air scoops and im trying out a set of inline coolers i found on ebay. now i just have to find a in line temp guage thats not $70.00 like the one highlifter is selling.if any one knows of one please email me the info on it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi LC Performance has some in line coolers that come in some cool colers for 24.99 on rockymountianatv.com

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Spazz, I know Eddie Sander's Racing...ESR has a nice inline temp guage, not sure what the price is though. I had that Warpdrive unit on the Race-mod, it's basically a Robinair automotive style thermometer brazed onto a tube...crude but effective, and darn hard to read with engine vibration.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I spoke with a guy that owns a 310R over this past weekend. His "Monster Machine" has an inline cooler. I asked him if those coolers were just for show or did they perform. He said they are very functional.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Gary over at ESuperbikes said to gut the actual thermostat and then put the housing back into the bike. This way the water will not just flow straight through, but will be slowed down enough to still allow the bike to run at good temps and not over heat. I'm debating as to try this or not. Hope this can give you some ideas though.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I just cleaned my cooling system and changed the fluid over to Engine Ice. I made a typo earlier, it's 1/2 gal., not 1/3. Just from messing around in my yard giving the kids slow rides, my Predator would kick in the fan after say 5 laps around the house. Basically idle, little bump here and there. After installing the Engine Ice, I went around the house 20 times and even let it sit idle. After all the laps, sitting idling for about 3-4 minutes, the fan kicked in, and ran for about half the time. Just my two cents!!

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Hey Clears I did the thermostat thing gary talked about and it actually seems to make it run hotter but then again I dont know if its that or the weather cuz its already 102 here and climbing. It'll be getting to 125 within a month now so I'll just have to wait and see when it gets cool again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts