Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just added Synergyn chill out to my predator this a.m. It is similar to purple ice and water wetter, all I can say is go buy some today. What a difference. After riding for about 10 minutes saturday the fan came on. It was about 85 degrees. I went riding today after it had already reached 95 and rode for 30 minutes & the fan never came on. I don't think you could go wrong with any of the 3 products. It is definetly a must have in the predator.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mustang

Do most of the ATV dealers carry Synergyn? I have not heard of it but I defiantly would like to try it. One more question is it an additive to the antifreeze or does it replace it?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought it from the auto parts store my son works at. I think any of the products listed above would be ok.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry I didn't see your second question. It is an additive. I put 2 oz in it

·
Registered
190 Posts
I also have the CFM engine cooler. see picture in gallery.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ok...I gotta ask this. Has anyone ever compared the inside diameter of a CFM cooler and the inside of the stock hose? The longer the CFM cooler; the more flow restriction. The cooler is actually smaller in ID than the stock hose thus causing a restriction in flow. How can this help?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I have the thermocouples wired, gonna test that out this week. In all actuality, the constricted orifice of flow, couple with the increase surface contact (slowing) will have a resultant effect of increasing the heat-sink capabilities to transfer the absorbed heat through to the ambient air. Yea, I had too much sugar on my Fruit Loops this morning. :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
BRINKER, the reason for what you are seeing, is because it's a preasurized unit. When you take the hose off, you loose all the preasure, hence, it will not flow normally. You can do the same thing by taking the rad. cap off, you will see right inside there, the water returning to the radiator.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Cutting thermostats went out back in the 70's. Even Moroso came out with some restrictor plates. Get some coolant additive (Water Wetter, Engine Ice, Purple Ice..etc.) to release the water's surface tension, and some scoops, call it good. What's your motor gonna do with a gutted thermostat when things cool down. That's hack.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
The thermostat regulates the temp of the coolant inside the motor. The restriction it causes holds the coolant in, allowing it to absorb the motor's heat, then let's it escape at a regulated pace to transfer that heat to the radiator. When you get in cooler weather (fall and winter), especially like your Iowa area, your motor may not be able to obtain the correct operating temp. Over a period of time, this can cause pre-mature wear. Please leave your thermostat alone. The coolant additives along with some air-scoops are an inexpensive, and effective way to reduce your temps....safely.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Are you sure you have the correct cfm cooler? When I called to order mine, they asked what machine I was using it on because the offer them with both 3/4 and 13/16 id's, mine seems to match the hose perfect, unlike the pro-design ones that I have. The pro-design coolers also have a slight tapper in them from the end to the center and back down to the other end.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
There is still a step-down restriction to get the cooler to fit inside the hose. I was just messing with Sport....we go back with the Az Bad Boyz forum. I'll be doing some testing the next couple of days for a future article. All the gear is here....finally. The CFM guys were REALLY QUICK on getting me a couple of coolers.

·
Registered
993 Posts
You are righ about the quick part, I orderd mine at about noon on monday and had it in tuesdays mail at 12:30. I did't even ask for next day delivery and was only charged 28.95 total with shipping. Excellent service!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts