Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody added a new clutch kit to there predator to elimenate the notchy shifting and power shift capabilities?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Put in a good synthetic 10W-40 oil or 20W-50. Use motorcycle specific oil also. I use Mobil 1 Motorcycle Oil and once I got the polaris stuff out it shifted easy. Full power shifts still need a little clutch but you don't have to let off of the gas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got my Barrnet clutch in the mail today.I'll have it in tommorow and I'll let you know if it helps.I paid about $120 for it through the superbike shop, we will see if it was worth it!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Polaris designed this atv not to power shift so they would not get all those second gear problems like the 660R

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry about the delay. I put my clutch in and wow what a difference. Say goodby to the notchy shifts! The barrnet clutch is the way to go. I got mine from Gary's superbike shop and it was worth every penny.The kit comes with everything, but I used the stock springs.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Did you do the swap yourself? How is finding neutral now? real easy?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did put the clutch in myself, it was a snap. Shifts great and goes right into neutral,like it should. Call Gary at the superbike shop and he will hook you up. I have bought parts from alot of places, but I have had nothing but the best of luck with the superbike shop. Gary took time out of his day to answer all of my questions and them some. Order a barrnet clutch you can't go wrong!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Thanks for your input LJordon. I threw in a Barnett clutch in my Honda a few years ago and Im really happy with it. I just might give ole Gary a call and get one too.

·
Registered
343 Posts
****..thats werid..i emailed Barnett and talked to Chris Taylor at
Barnett Tool & Eng. and asked him for the model and how much for the pred clutch...this is the reply he sent me back "Sorry, we do not have any listing at this time for the Polaris models"

WTF?? ok..so thats mess up!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Im sure he does..just makes me wonder what clutch is Gary using..if the **** company doesnt list one for the pred, how does gary get one?

·
Registered
453 Posts
It may match up to some other machine like the countershaft sprocket, XR650L???

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yeah, i supose, i just figured the guy from Barnett would know that! LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts