Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It started when i first changed clutches that I have to let almost all the way out on the clutch 4 it to disengage. What could be my problem? Any help appreciated!

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
do you meen pull on the clutch lever all the way in before it disengages

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did you adjust it at the transmision or just at the clutch lever

·
Registered
431 Posts
You need to adjust it at the both ends of the cable. Maybe your push rod is not set in right.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I adjusted it at both ends I think Im gonna open up clutches to see am i missing something

·
Registered
431 Posts
The Release shaft has an endent at the end of it which the Push rod sits in too. The Relese shaft is the componet that the clutch cable is attach to on the motor.

·
Registered
431 Posts
When you work on the clutch did you remove the clutch cable from the Relese shaft. If so, then I'm pertty sure the Push rod is not set right. When working on the clutch make sure you don't squeeze the clutch lever untill you have the pressure plate on or you could unset the Push rod.

·
Registered
2006 Polaris Predator 500 (I have 2) one is pretty stock & the other is a TLD...
1 Posts
Clutch is not engaging to be able to start/stop and even switching gears. Do I leave the clutch pulled in the whole time you work on the clutch plates?? 🤬

1 - 13 of 13 Posts