Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my mod between a scrambler and predator frame. I love my old scrambler 400's but those stock frames suck. They ride like a table with wheels. So with that being said I set out to make my own frame mod. As most of you know I broke my share of predator frames so I more then a few to cut up.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
another

Attachments

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know I'm crazy or sick but I just can not give up those auto clutch scrams , With a HPD race engine they are fast and fun. Not only that I found out last year that if you like to ride out in The mountains of PA , the auto clutch is the way to go.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks very weird doesn't it. It took quite alot of messuring to find center line on that scrambler frame. I'm almost finished and the thing is spot on with the messurements. It will look like a scrambler when done only it will have the double a-arms.

·
Registered
818 Posts
when i did mine back in 2000 i used a 250r frame because it was square tube like the scrambler frame so i looked factory.i sold it to a friend and he still rides it. looks good i still have a 416 power maxx sport but it has blue trail blazer 250 plastic on it. you get the funniest looks when you blow by people .
cant waut to see it finished what are you doinf for front suspension?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
full flights a-arms and piggyback fox shocks.
Yeah the 250r mod would have been easier but, I have so many predator frames and No 250r parts,I figured why not use the predator frame. It is odd to fit the square tube to round but it's working out .

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here is the latest updates for this mod. As some of you guys/gals may know I work on a Boat as a engineer so I don't have alot of time , but I do pluck away on this frame from time to time. Lately I have been putting more time into it because Im getting close to the finish line. Only the parts need to be added to the frame.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
another

Attachments

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
more

Attachments

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
again

Attachments

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll have more update this week . i will be working on it almost all week.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Awsome- the only word i could think of! thats alot of hard work, cant wait to see it done, what plastics are you gonna use?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will be using the scrambler plastics. I kinda like them more then the pred and it was built to use the scram plastics,tanks,and swingarm. The swingarm is still being worked on . the frist swinger will be a aaen +4 scram TEAM axled swinger. The other one I'm working on will have a predator carrier and axle on a offset scrambler swingarm.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
some of last nights work

Attachments

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
close up of the rad mount

Attachments

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That golf cart must have ripped with a scrambler motor.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I did alot of work last night and got alot done I'll have pictures up soon.

I was thinking that if this frame rocks then I would do another right away. The next one will be easier to do and alot lighter. I also would like to either dump the 400 scram motor for a Polaris EFI snowmoblie engine 600 800 or 900. I just doen't think the scrambler trans would take the abuse. So That idea may still happen but I would use a whole predator frame and install a jacksaft and 2 sprockets 2 chains set up.

This whole idea began afew years ago when talking with Someone I'd rather not say,(hint They sell race scrams) I was told that it couldn't be done and Good luck trying. That pissed me off ,so here I am now and guess what, it didn't cost 15,000 dollars for a quad that still has frame issue and a trans without reverse, this has been a free build from all leftover predator and scrambler parts.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts