Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how often you guys got to adjust your chain? do you get noise at low speed? hows your chian roller wearing

·
Registered
31 Posts
i've messed with my chain several times now. I haven't noticed any low speed chain rattle for awhile now, but then again I'm not usually goin slow. My chain roller is showin little signs of wear so far.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Its quite noisy at low speeeds but seems to be gettin better. I have had to adjust my chain after every couple of rides.

·
Registered
101 Posts
My chain makes a lot of noise, it is kinda irritating. Every time i let someone take it for a ride, they bring it to me almost crying thinking that it is broke, lol. I just have to explain about the chain noise, i have tried adjusting it, but i have had no luck losing the noise. My friends does the same though, so i guess it is normal. They need to come out with something to eliminate this noise.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The chain does not rest on the lower roller until you are decellerating, assuming you have your chain adjusted properly. This is something that may sound irritating to the rider but it does not affect performace or cause excessive chain wear. However, if you have a loose chain, it could cause the roller to wear out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey it helps if make sure you have some lube on your chian and I have adjusted the chian and the noise has gone away for know that is does anybody know anything about how much power incress you by taking off the spark arrestor

·
Registered
993 Posts
The spark arrestor consists of a small piece of screen crimped on one end and stuck to the endcap on the other. I took it out and noticed no difference at all. I only had a couple hours on it when I did this, but it already showed signs of carbon deposits on the screen. On quads with more hours on them it might help a little if lots of carbon deposits are blocking the air-flow through it. If you check yours, be carefull of the gasket behing the endcap, it tears really easily.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts