Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read somewhere that there were some pretty substantial carb modifications necessary for the Air Force Kit to work to its fullest potential. Can somebody post exactly what gets done? I think it had to do with drilling holes in the slide or something...

Rob

·
Registered
118 Posts
Change float from 14mm to 7mm. Change main and piolt jet, drill slide holes lager, drill bit supplied in kit, air mix screw. You will need a set of calipers to measure the float.

·
Registered
455 Posts
....then you have to shorten the piston rod by 6.78mms. Turn the piston around so that the arrow pts in the opposite direction and shave two teeth off of the counter sprocket....

Not mocking you meyerz. Thats good info for those like me that didnt know what the kit involved. Thanks for the input.

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What the heck is the piston rod? And counter sprocket? This stuff is all in the carb?

I have a caliper, so adjusting the float isn't a problem. I had to do that to my Grizzly last weekend, and it really helped it run better (it was way out of adjustment).

Rob

·
Registered
343 Posts
Dont forget to top up your headlight fluid! Dont want to run low on that! ;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I sent my carb to gary at superbike shop to do it because i didnt want to screw anything up. He had it done very fast. I sent him the carb on wensday morning overnight shipping. He got it thursday and finished it thursday. I got it back on Friday, thats what i call good service. As for the airforce kit, the quad is much more responsive, i get alot more use out of 3rd gear in the trails. LOL

·
Registered
48 Posts
also, don't forget to cut the spring.

·
Registered
104 Posts
do you actually push the float tab down then? wouldn't pulling it up increase the float level? I installed mine today and i can't get real accurate on the float measurement. when i put it back together, gas poured out the breather hose on the float. Is this because of the tab adjustment? Should it be pushed down or pulled up? how exactly do you measure it?

·
Registered
119 Posts
i left my float prerty much stock form and it run fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts