Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 13 tooth front sprocket from sidewinder today, put it on, now I can't seem to get my chain tight enough. Way too much slack. I loosen the two bolts, put the bike in nuetral, stick a screw driver in the hole and roll the bike foward and backward... Backward just seems to loosen things, foward will tighten the chain up as much as it can, then start to loosen again, then start to tighten again. It's like it's a constant cycle. If I could roll the bike for a mile it would loosen then tighten over and over again but not EVER get tight enough...... Am I doing something wrong? What tools do I need to remove a link from the chain.. Thanks

Sean

·
Registered
429 Posts
A dremel with a cutting wheel does the job nicely.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but then what do I do when I cut the chain??? then it won't stay together... I got the black clip off but can't get the chain apart. helllpppp...

Thanks a ton
Sean

·
Registered
429 Posts
Ahhh....Now I see your issue. Once you get the clip off you should be able to pop or "lighty" pry the outside plate for that link off. When that's done you can slide the link out the other side. I was thinking about taking mine off to clean...I'll go take a couple pics for ya if you can't get it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya i took that clip off and I've tried to take a screw driver and pry the outside of that link off, it won't budge. When I take a closer look, it looks like it CANT come apart.

Sean

·
Registered
993 Posts
I had a 13t sidewinder sprocket and I had plenty of adjustment to get the chain tight. Your chain could have stretched excessivley or polaris isn't consistant on the length of the chains.

·
Registered
429 Posts
the plate can get stuck pretty good. Be careful cause you can damage the o-rings. You can also look into geting a chain breaker that will push the link out for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts