Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone come up with an idea to fix this or do we have to get the brakes redone by our local shop to fix the problem?

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
i was wondering the same thing,, seems like mine are dragging worse as i ride more, was about to search the old posts to see if anyone evr fixed the problem much or what, anyone have any help?

·
Registered
293 Posts
I posted on the 12th for this problem. I got the bike back with nothing done. I can't even get one retation out of me tires after spining them nad letting go. Sucks if you ask me.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I JUST PULLED MY BIKE DOWN FOR SERVICING, AND MY REAR BRAKES ARE DONE. I HARDLY USE THEM. MY OUTSIDE PAD IN GONE TELLING ME THE SLIDERS ARE SIEZED.
NOT APROBLEM WITH THE CALIPER.(OR THE INSIDE PAD WOULD BE GONE ONLY) I THINK THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE SLIDER "O" RING I'M GOING TO HUNT AROUND FOR A THINNER ONE TO ALLOW THE SLIDER TO MOVE MORE FREELY AND DO THE SAME TO THE AS WELL. MY FRONTS ARE WEARING EQUALLY BUT THE DRAG IS A LITTLE TOO MUCH I THINK !!!

GOOD LUCK I HOPE THIS HELPS... I'M GETTING READY TO PUNCH THE BLOCK FOR A 580 BIG BORE KIT... KEEP ALL FOURS ON THE GROUND, THE PREDATORIZER

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
My dealer corrected my brake drag problem by replacing the piston seals on the calipers. The seals had swollen and weren't allowing the pistons to retract when you released the brake lever.

Rob

·
Registered
293 Posts
RodG,

What were the symptoms of the brakes, were they locked, or just draging, and what the he!! did you say to the dealer to convince them to tear into them????

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
They were dragging so bad the wheels wouldn't rotate more than about 1/5 turn. That's what convinced them to work on it.

They basically replaced the entire brake system... lever, reservoir, lines, rebuilt the calipers.. but nothing helped. They finally determined that the seals were the problem. Ordered new seals and that cured it.

Rob

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Rob do you know if the seals were an upgraded part or if they were the same ones that came on the brakes stock??

I wonder if your brakes will start dragging again as the seals start to swell if they (Polaris) haven't changed out the seal to a better one that wont swell.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts