Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brakes are squeeling (in the front),not draggin. I've checked the pads and they are good. The calipers arent hanging up. Anyone have any idea why they would squeel loudly at low speeds? When I put the quad in the air, the wheels spin freely.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
mine make some noise now and then also, seems like maybe there is some dirt trapped in them, its usually after some hard racing that they do it, then ater going to the carwash and blasting them out it goes away sooner or later.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
squirt some brake cleaner on it...i would consider that the most logical thing you could do...lol...the pads or rotor might have some rust spots or dirt in them so they squeel a bit and need to be cleaned...try brake cleaner and if that doesnt work hit them with a shot of wd-40 then go out and drag the brakes a little while you are moving to see if that will help just dont load them with wd-40 or your brakes wont work..lol

·
Registered
525 Posts
You can try CRC disc brake quiet on them. You put it on the steel back of each pad. I use this on all disc brakes. Part store will have it and it's cheap.

later

1 - 4 of 4 Posts