Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the new ATV mags out this month claims that Bombardier is considering shuting down the ATV operation. They posted a $417 million dollar loss last quarter. They are considering canceling everything except the aviation part of their business, which has always been their money maker(until recently). Hate to see another ATV bite the dust. Make room Cannondale, you might be getting a roommate in the ATV graveyard.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yeah but with 2 down we just got a new competitor at least in the sport quad class Arctic Cat.

Zack

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also read that Kawasaki is putting out a 450 4-stroke motorcycle. I wonder if they will follow Yamaha's lead and put out a quad with that motor in it. They could get out from uner Suzuki and have a true Kawasaki quad. That would be nice. Not that I would give up my Predator for any other quad out there right now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Actually, they are selling the recreational products division. Bombardier wants to concentrate on its heavy industry (rail, aircraft etc) and now is a great time because the rec division is making more money than ever before and should fetch a huge price on the open market. The division went up for sale awhile ago and now has several serious offers including the Bomabardier family who wants to maintain control because of its heritage as the start of the huge multi-national.

- Paul

·
Registered
119 Posts
if bomb go under thats more sails for polaris go usa!

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
If bomb goes under then thats just one less quad for polaris to have to make look bad:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts