Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I'm on this trip to Utah, and after a day in eastern Nevada riding, and finding that my stock PXT tires are not only getting kinda bald, but they won't hold air anymore, I decided it was time to do something about it.

Heading south on I-15 out of SLC, I remembered that Rocky Mountain ATV was nearby. I whipped out the laptop to find out where, and got there 15 min before they closed. I got four new 26" Bighorns.

This morning, I had the local Wal Mart here in Richfield mount 'em up for me.. $5 per tire AND they even balanced the fronts for me.

Impressions... HOLY CRAP these things are TALL!!! I think my quad is at least an inch higher than before. Steering effort is a little higher than before, but so far, so good. Ride quality is at least as good as the PXTs if not better.

I'll admit that I'm concerned about stability with the added height, so we'll see. The Sportsman has always been the most stable ATV I've ever ridden (even moreso than the Rincon).

No riding today... I'm trying to get work done today, and half of tomorrow. I have to register for the jamboree tomorrow morning, and then the parade is at 10:30, which I'm not sure if I'll participate or not.

Rob

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Cool, 26" is what will suite me then. I still want to widen mine out a hair when I do decide to get the new tires, since I already have a lift kit.

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah ya know, if they made wheels that only added 1/2" more offset instead of a full inch, I mighta want to do that too. Right now, on stock wheels, the rear tires stick out about 1" more than the fenders, and the fronts are flush. I sincerely hope I can get the thing in the toyhauler next to my Grizzly!!!

I just measured the tires too... they're between 25.5" and 26" tall, that's as close as I got without getting a straightedge out to see for sure. Now I need to go measure the 25" Bighorns on my Grizzly. I'm wishing I had measured the PXT's before I had 'em removed. If you still have the PXTs, what do they measure out at?

Rob

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Mine with 5PSI measure around 25.25" My buddy has the 26" bighorns and his are a definate inch and maybe more taller than mine. but his are on the AC stock wheels and that could be part of it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I went on a ride here a month or two ago, all the guys from back east were running Bighorns. I was really impressed with them. Next set I am going with the horns...

What size I dont know yet.. It depends on what machine I have at that time.

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are pix from today's ride, the first with the new Bighorns!

http://www.atvowners.com/rob/atv/pix/flatcanyon070917/index.cfm

Rob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sweet pics. I have been debate on the bighorns and were wondering what they would look like on my sportsman. Now I know. They look awesome. I am sure they perform the same. Thanks for sharing.

tomtom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts