Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well I'm gonna install my w/b pipe and power filter. How many disks should I run in it, and what should I set my jets to? I want to get max power out of it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I really like the torquey feeling I have with mine, I used the eight discs that came with it and put in the quiet core. Havent got the jetting nailed down yet but it looks like a 155 will do the trick, or maybe a 152.5

·
Registered
59 Posts
im running a 170 main jet is that good

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok I just installed my pipe and filter. I don't know how to rejet. If I don't rejet will it hurt my engine, or will it just not run properly? Can anyone help me, thanks.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It seems like the stock jettings work fine. Would I get more power if i went up to 155.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mine ran fine with the stock carburator settings also but didn't seem much faster than stock, so I raised the needle 1 notch and it made a HUGE difference. It has a lot more low and mid range power now. I've ordered a 155 main but don't have it yet. It should help with the top end. I highly recommend raising your needle though. It gives it a lot more pulling power down low where it needs it.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Coolmo....did you drop the clip to raise the needle or did you raise the clip to drop the needle? When I rejeted mine ran fat off when I got on the needle and I had to drop it two clips to clean it up.

·
Registered
429 Posts
What pipe did you add? The PP pipe should run ok without rejeting.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I raised the needle(dropped the clip). I'm running a White Bros. pipe with 8 discs(no quiet core), and a stock airbox with a K&N filter, and the stock main jet. Raising the needle is definately what mine needed. My friend has a stock Predator and we rode each others and we both said mine had a lot more low and mid range. Mine pulls wheelies coming out of some corners and you can be in a higher gear a lot of places without bogging the motor. Also climbs hills easier. Before I raised the needle it wasn't like this, the power was close to stock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts