Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be buying a pipe for my pred and also thinking about getting the Airforce Kit. What advice do you guys have? Which pipe is the best choice and is the Airforce kit woth it? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Everyone will have different views on this, no magazine has done a exhaust shootout yet for the pred. I personally suggest the Pro Cicuit exhaust system. The Pure Polaris (wb) slipon is decent too.

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
I'll give a thumbs up for the Pure Polaris (White Brothers) pipe... if you want a full system, the HMF looks good and so does Trinity, though there are still unanswered questions as to whether or not a full system is worthwhile.

I don't think the Air Force kit is worth the money. I think you're better off with the clamp-on K&N.

Rob

·
Registered
993 Posts
I also prefer the pure polaris slip-on over the other that are available so far. Rath's air box mod and jet kit is about $40 cheaper than the air force kit, it does not look as nice, but the same purpous is achieved.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I've been exteremly happy w/ the w/b pipe. It give a fair a mount of flexibilty as well.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
For now, the ones mentioned are probably your best choices. Things will be changing shortly.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have the complete Big Gun exhaust system and a K & N drop in filter and love it. the only jetting change was to go up to a 155 main jet. The power increase all of the way through out the the range is amazing

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey Nox, I'm sure that everyone has an opinion on what pipe works and the air force kit. As for a pipe I'm sure they all will give you an increase, you need to decide if you want a full system or a slip-on. I went with the Trinity Stage 4 full system not so much because I believed it had any more of a power gain than the others full systems, the advertised power gains seem to be all in the same ballpark. I just think the Trinity pipe looks better than the others. And with you being in Torrance you could run over to Trinity and check that pipe out in person before you bought it. You might even be able to get them to dyno your Pred. before and after the pipe install. The air force kit is a waste of $100 in my opinion. You can get the same power increases for $20. Get a set of pop in uni-vents and a few jets up from stock. Install the vents in the airbox and re-jet. Agian just my opinion. You may want to wait awhile there's a ton of stuff in R&D right now, I'm sure other pipes and airbox kits will be out shortly. Good luck with whatever you get.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts