Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I have all new wires on my trailer new led lights and a new converter pluged into the harness on my truck but the right side trailer is only working at 1/3 of the power this is deff wired riht and all plugs are fine this has tobe in the truck wires becouse when I unhook the trucks tail lights the right side trailer gets brighter about 2/3 of the power it should be

do I have to replace my new trucks wires?!

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
Sounds like a bad ground, bad fuse, crossed wires, or something along those lines. I've had all of those problems before at one point or another, and it always ended up being a problem with the trailer wiring.

Rob

·
Registered
800 Posts
I had a bad ground on my LED lights on my trailer, One side was only half as bright as the other.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no first thing i did was run a new wire from the truck to the light and nothing.
I bought a tester and its deff my truck the tester says its working but the right side led's on the tester is only 1/2 as bright as the left

·
Registered
800 Posts
Its semms like at some point, I also had some wires crossed, it was at a ponit that they would work, but it was like a bad ground, I will have to ask my neighbor, he fixed it for me, I was about half drunk and got flustered over it :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
yep, I'd bet a bad ground too. LED's don't draw much current so a good ground is even more important.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts