Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys I just found this forum and have bought a predator just 2 weeks ago. I am new to mx riding and wanted to know the best adjustment for the back shox. I know there are posts about it on here but dont have the time to read them all, so a quick answer here will help.

·
Registered
82 Posts
We can't really tell you a good setting for the shocks because it all depends on your weight and the track itself, If you can give us a little more info, maybe we can help you out.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I weigh 175lbs and the track that I usually ride on has the textbook terrian. It has a downhill ski jump, whoop section, 40 ft. table tops, rythem section, doubles, double doubles, uphill ski jump and a 90 ft finish line tabletop. I am running 4psi in my tires, I have 3 inches of thread showing on my front shoxs. I was just wandering about the back one.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I ride on mx and on trails and I weigh 200 lbs. I have approximately the same front shock adjustment as what you are describing. On the rear. I left the adjustment where it was from stock and adjusted the rebound (clicker wheel on the bottom of the shock) about 20 clicks clockwise from factory setting. Also I have the rear rezzi set at #4. Works good for me. I can take jumps with no problems and no bottoming out. Plus it's still stiff enough to blaze through the trails without trying to bounce all over the place.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want to try 15 clicks from closed. Standing behind the bike which way is fully closed to the right or left?

·
Registered
231 Posts
To close it should be counter-clockwise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts