Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted everyone to know that the predator rocks!!
I grew up around Banshees and 250R's.
I can't believe that I was kicking their butts in the sand drags.
I was always ahead in first thru third and then in the later gears they would catch up.
It was great. I do think that the front of the machine seems to dig into the sand. Maby I can correct this with some front sand tires.

·
Registered
82 Posts
That is so awesome, and good news for me, hehe. I cant wait to go, where did u drag race? down by lake michigan?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This year for some reason Silver Lake was setup backwards.
They moved the entrance to where the exit used to be.
The drags this time were held next to the very last dune.
The sand was very soft. I did find a couple people to drag next to the lake where the sand was damp. Much better over there.
One thing of disappointment was that they make you buy a motor vehicle pass for your truck, and every atv that you are carrying. I ended up buying a year pass for my truck but a daily pass for each atv.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Thats good to hear that silver lake is a nice place. I am taking a trip up there this summer and so is Troylee (not together yet)

·
Registered
993 Posts
silver lake is very nice to ride. they get really picky about spark arrestors every once and a while, usually holiday weekends, but other than that the only complaint I have is with theye stupid vouchers they pass out to get in. I think those are only for holiday weekends also, but that might have changed. you have to line up at 9:00 friday night to get your vouchers for the weekend, then you have to wait in line again to get in, very poor set up. last couple years you could get the vouchers at 6:00 but they say the traffic was interfering with rush hour or something. once your past all that, the dunes are great.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Sounds like you had a good time!!!!!! I cant wait for my trip in July... did you get some pics? I just added some cool ones to my profile of our trip this las wk end to a new track and local dunes.... TINA :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most of the pics I took were of the sunset over the dunes from the State Park. (a little windy but very nice). I recommend site number 13 on the lake side.) Large lot with enough room to pull your truck and trailer on the sholder of the drive and have plenty of room for camping.
I'll try to post some pics tomorrow afternoon, I do have some good parking lot pictures just to give people an idea of what to expect on a first trip.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As Promised. A couple pics.
Two are of the parking lot. The hill you see in the background is actually the final hill before the exit. But due to construction that is also where the entrance was when I was there.
I also sent two pictures from my campsite.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=2043033&uid=1086623

·
Registered
394 Posts
Thoes look great I cant wait to go there this summer!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts