Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By Ken "Jetbast" Thompson (AKA modquad) Heat relief-I thought it was a pretty good write up on the predator. I see you got your mach in there but not your smiliey face. LOL I thougth HPD machine test was real good also. When I talk to Darrell he said it would be out in Sept. Keep up the good work. The litmus test was a cool (new) idea.

later

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Aw shucks......thanks. :D I haven't even seen it yet. My "advanced copy" always seems to come after everyone else has the regular subscription. Doh!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yeah Maxim showed me never to expect to get your Advanced Copy, nor any of the extras that come in the lpastic wrapped magazines, if theres something in my mailbox with plastic wrap on it, it contains a AOL CD, go figure. I have to go find this copy of ATV sport now, I'll be back to work in an hour or so... =0)

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I don't think it'll be in the stores for another week or so. The subscriptions are out though.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I was gonna say..**** i cant find that issue anywheres! It takes FOREVER to get the new mags around here..living in the sticks its usually behind quite a bit, unless you wanna drive to the city! LOL

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What I thought was real funny was, modquad got a bigger write-up then the one it did on HPD.

later

·
Registered
839 Posts
Another great article, Thanks Modquad.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
where did they get that carbon fiber heat shield?? i love the jethot sterling with the carbon fiber guard

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Thanks, I made the carbon fiber shields (both), radiator scoops, and taillight (xxx LED's) I want to be able to breath when I'm 50, so other than a few custom parts for a select friend or two, I'm not gonna market them. :) I still think the Jet Hot coating is the #1 "dress up" mod for this machine.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
great article Ken...I'm thinking about the Jet Hot coating for mine...that looks sweet

·
Registered
160 Posts
hey mobquad, wehre did you get the material to make the heat sheilds?

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
hey modquad how much is your xxx rear lights? those are cool as ****.

Has anyone seen the new atvsport i think it is this months. but it is talking about polaris new lineup and there is a picture of an 04 predator. If you look really close at the header, you can only see a little of it, you see it is greenish...is this header wrap or does anybody know?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
The Triple X lights source won't be revealed for a while, sorry. The composite materials to fab carbon fiber gear is available at any composite shop. There are many scattered around the country, check your local yellow pages. Word of caution, carbon fiber fibers (airborn, from cutting or grinding on) are probably worse for you than asbestos fibers. You need to have the correct filtration system to work with this stuff....I don't want everyone kicking the bucket just to produce something custom.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts