Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up the OCTOBER issue of ATV action and it has a Predator vs. YFZ shootout. Seems to me like a VERY honest comparison, not like Dirt Wheels.....
They picked the YFZ overall (better race bike) but you'll be happy to know that in their straight line drag comparison they had the Predator beating the YFZ by 3 bike lengths in a 125 yard drag race. Also tested the Predator at around 42 horses and the YFZ at like 35.

Sean

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
yeah, and they also gave pred the "better woods machine" vote!

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
I was impressed with the issue......

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
I just got the latest issue and they did a 400cc shootout this time... 400EX, Z400, YFZ450. I didn't bother reading it, as I figure I knew the outcome (Z wins overall, YFZ450 is fast, 400EX outdated), but what's funny is when you look at the specs, you'll see the claimed dry weight of the machines is 472 lbs for the Z400, 450 lbs for the YFZ and (get this) 3475 lbs for the 400EX. Dang, NO WONDER the 400EX is so slow! Holy cow! ;)

Somebody really needs to proof this stuff better...

Rob

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
yeah, the good ole ex made with an armored lead filled frame and 1 inch thick rims, true they are slow, but you can bang the crap out of it and keep on rolling. (stupid proofreading)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts