Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going around geting opinions to why this is....I get arm and especially hand fatigue really fast on the Predator compared to my 400ex..Why do you think this is??? The wieght differential??? Tire drag in sand??? Just wanted some input that might help ..When my ole man rides, he said he doesnt notice any fatigue....Thanks..... TINA :)

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
I'm gonna take a guess and say it's the handlebars. Do you feel like you're having to reach out to them? That's how I feel on mine, and it's one of the reasons I ordered the X-Bars with the high-bend. I'm hoping that'll help.

I think in time though, your arms and hands will get used to it and you won't have the problem anymore. Now that I think about it, I got it on my 400EX for the first couple of months that I had it, but in time, it went away and I gained muscle in my arms and hands.

Still, the bars probably have something to do with it. I'll report back after I've put my new ones on and can see what difference they make.

Rob

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have practically no arm or hand fatigue, and it might be the wieght difference between the pred and the 400ex for you, but i'm a guy, so maybe it's just easier for some men to handle the extra wieght of the pred. Ive ridden the 400ex and i have to say it was a little easier to handle than the pred. You have to use the pred's power to your advantage, instead of the pred control and overpowering you, causing your arms and hands to work harder. hope this helps. travis

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Find a worn out tennis ball, and squeeze it in your off riding time. I'm not being a smarta$$ here, it does help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know what you're talking about. I feel that too. I used to ride a banshee and I felt arm pump but it's not the same. I have always thought that the thumb throttle was awkwardly back to far and it is uncomfortable compared to others on the market. I took mine apart to see if it had splines for moving it more forward but that's not the case. There is no ajustment in the thumb. Either deal with it or get an aftermarket. I think this is an area that Polaris could very easily improve. JUST GIVE THE SHAFT INSIDE SPLINES AND MAKE IT ADJUSTABLE!!

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have heard two other Predator riders today tell me they felt the same way...... So now I dont feel so dumb,thinking Im some weakling.... LOL....modquad.... I know your not being a smartass....lol I dont get this on my 400ex thats what is strainge.. I tire out VERY quick on the Predator... I can ride all day on my EX..... TINA :)

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rob, I think your right.. the othr two I talked to tohught the same thing.I know things feel a bit rougher to than the EX did on sand..I am gong to hit a track this week wend and comapre how they feel when on hardpack. Im glad to know Im not the oly one and some of you know what Im talking about... TINA

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
Rougher than your 400EX on sand??? Wow... I think mine rides WAAAY better than my 400EX on sand. How stiff are your front preloads? I think I have maybe 2" of thread showing at most. Also, how much air do you run in your front tires? I run 3-5 psi at most in my Dunetrackers. Those two things will make a huge difference as to how harsh the ride is on sand.

Rob

·
Registered
993 Posts
different handle bars will make a hugh difference, I prefer the pro tapers on my quads, but they are a bit pricy, however I have never seen them bend like some of the less expensive bars out there. also, an anti-vibration steering stem helps a ton, it has urethane bushings between the clamps and the stem.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RNGMSTR~~~ I was wondering about the same thing,, maybe a anti-vibe and bars ar the cure....I went out and rode it this past week end, and didnt have as much arm fatigue as before, but I do think alot could be improved weith these minor adjustments... Rog~~~ We have only rode with the Razrs, havent got the sand tires yet. not sure if Im going to throw my Turbo paddles on it, or buy some haulers yet...Yes, my Ex is a bit more plush on sand than the Predator is..Ill ckeck my preloads, I cant remember whatthey are set at right off the top of my head.. I run a lower pressure on the snad around 5 withthe Razrs but when running sand tires I run around PSI...I rode a Predator with the geckos. holy cow!! VERY ROUGH..:(...... the olny time I run sand tires is when at St. A's or at the bigger dunes.. the sand it too rough here to use them, I thought about getting a set of Realtors for local riding cause the Razrs rob you blind on hill climbs in sand. TINA:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts