Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone out there have an Xpedition anymore? 325 or 425? a friend of mine and i made a go-kart out of a totaled 425, and now we're working on putting it back to a four wheeler, it's pretty cool. i was just curious.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
i remember them well, but never owned one...i remember one of my friends had a few of them, he was a guide here in NM, used to have 3 or 4 of them when they were the thing to have, i remember he really liked them...

sounds like a chore to make a gokart and then back to a ATV...good luck

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is actually a pretty easy system, once you've taken a four wheeler completly apart once, and built it up again.

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
I'd love to find a deal on an old Xplorer 400 2-stroke 4wd.. but those who own them and want to sell 'em tend to think they're worth 2-3x their book value.

Rob

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea Rob, an Xplorer 400 2-stroke would be pretty sweet, you can get alot of hp out of them. that's one of my top four wheelers ever made.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, i've seen Dyno's from 400 xpress' and some push 75hp... which i think is awesome. and one more reason why they rule!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey, I have one with a 450 wiesco piston in it. It is bieng rebuilt right now though.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey Silverbullet- is the xplorer getting a routine rebuild, or did something go bad? how's that 450 bbk working out for you? welcome to Polaris riders!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks. No it needs the rebuild. My dad went off in a hole with it and the throtle cable broke and it sucked up a bunch of mud. When I got it apart the reeds were bowed out and the mud was all in the cylinder. Now it wont run so we have it all tore apart. While it is apart though we are blocking of the injectors and mixing gas and posibly making some easy to take on and off snorkles. I doubt it will see any more mud riding though. The 450 kit is awesome. It pulls the front wheels off of the ground on the drag strip and runs with my pred untill I hit third, but its not a race bike. There are not very many 4x4s around here that can beat it though. I thas out run its fair share of 700's.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that looks like a nice hole, about how deep is the deepest spot?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Never made it all the way through, but the deepest we got was over the seat.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nice, i bet that red clay riding gets pretty messy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah, the frame on my pred is staind red and I can't buy any gear with white in it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts