Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping Polaris releases some for tests by the magazines, etc. I want to get the 525 in the spring when they hit the dealers....

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
I subcribe to all teh Mags and nothing , i dont think its available yet.

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
I figure we'll see a magazine test/review on it by Dec/Jan or thereabouts.

I still want a 525 Predator... :)

Rob

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya, hopefully they will show in the magazines soon...

I'd rather have the Outlaw than the predator...the solid axle is good for riding dunes and doing jumps, but in rough terrain the Outlaw should be great and the more people that start racing it, the more it will get developed...

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
I agree, the Outlaw is an awesome machine, but like you said, the Predator is a better dune quad, which is what I want it for. I've tried riding sport quads on trials (my Predator and 400EX before that) and just don't care for it... too rough riding for me. :)

Rob

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rob, do you still have your Predator, what year?

There is some good deals on ebay on them, especially the first year 2003 without the reverse. But since you can get good deals on '04's and '05's, I would stay away from the '03, just so I can have reverse...not like its hard to pick up one of these quads and move around....every time I pick up my Sportsman, I about blow a nut...

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
Nah, I sold my Predator about a year and a half ago. It was an 03, and in fact was the second one my dealer got in. It was really nice being one of the first, especially as fast as the thing is out of the box. I was tearing up Raptors at the Dunes, and even some Banshees (the ones who had bad riders mainly).

I had my 03 maxed out as much as it'd go inasfar as gearing and dune setup. I wasn't ready to spend money on a big-bore kit or anything. Plus, after a season of snowmobiling, dune riding got kinda boring by comparison.

That's one reason I'm eager for a Predator 525 -- a lot more power! Right now, if I were to buy sport quads, i'd get a Raptor 700 for the wife and a YFZ450 for myself. There are some really cool, cheap mods for the YFZ that make it bloody freakin' fast.

I miss riding Sand Mountain... it's such a neat place. A huge mountain of sand, 2 miles long, half a mile wide, and 600' tall, sitting on 5000 acres of dunes, out in BFE Nevada.

Rob

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the dunes sounds like fun, but limited to what you can do, I like the woods, I would really like to get the Outlaw and do some racing...

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
looking forward to you and others racing it Dave.
I'd like to see more polaris podiums and wins on the national curcuit.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'd love to ride it nationally, thats not going to happen unless someone wants to pay my bills...so local to start out with, see how i do, should be fun...

I got in the new ATV/4 Wheel Action mag tonight, no test, they do have an article on the Kawasaki 450, but not a test...they test the Yamaha 700 Grizzly in the magazine, they rate it very good...

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
yeah, I didn't think you'd be able to ride nationally or full time with your career, I meant more of the pros start using it and the Pred.

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ah, ok, ya...it will be interesting to see what happens, in order for Matt Smiley to be competitive, he needs a 450 KTM predator...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts