Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
Dirt Wheels said in an early review of the Predator that Polaris says that stock horspower is 52 at the countershaft. That works out to about 45 at the rear wheels.

Rob

·
Registered
455 Posts
Im gonna argue with the Administrator on this one...lol (its been one of those weeks at work)

...Ive read in several places that she tops out at 42 HP.

RED

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
My dealer said pretty much the same that Rob has posted...

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
Well, the reports I've read are that the chain is too tight from the factory, so if you loosen it up just a hair, you get an extra 3 hp.

Rob

·
Registered
315 Posts
Every dyno machine in the world will give different numbers due to temp, traction,humidity, and whatever else. It has 42-45 hp stock. You gotta generalize. The best way to use dyno numbers is to use the same dyno b4 and after the mods to see improvement.

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
That's true... the dynos also do corrections when they calculate the number. These are the numbers that should be published, not the actual numbers on that particular day. That makes them a little more comparable.

Rob

·
Registered
125 Posts
What about my red TLD front sprocket cover? Being Red it must be worth, what, 1/4 to 1/2 h.p just for the color alone?

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
Actually, I figure that the weight of the paint required to make that cover red is actually COSTING you horsepower... ;)

Rob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts