Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,086 Posts
They have lots of trailers to choose from on their website. Ihave seen quad trailers like they sell but have never really wanted one. Ineed something that is more universal.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the guy was pulling 12 4x4 honda quads with a half ton van. he said he pulled it all over the mountains of west virginia. he owned and ran a giuded atv tour business. he said he had every kind of trailer and the montrose was cream of the crop. i just wondered if anyone actually owned one. thanks

·
Premium Member
7,633 Posts
I would not take anyones advice that pulled a trailer that big n heavy with a half ton van! Did he also say that his van was a equivalent of a 3/4 truck? :)

·
Premium Member
8,086 Posts
5 utilities is about the same weight as a car right? 2-3k#s. Ido not see that as a problem with a half ton as long as their are trailer brakes.

Check this one out, it is John's in Australia. I like it but have never seen anything like it here in the states.

·
Premium Member
7,633 Posts
Did you read the mountains part? Thats 7,000lbs in machines alone, another 2,000lbs for the trailer, thats like approaching 10,000 lbs if you throw in some gear. I've had too many half tons, to even consider this being a smart idea.
Its just amazing what a 3/4 ton is compared to todays half tons.
I'm sure a 1/2 ton could get the job done, but its just not going to hold up, or be able to control the trailer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts