Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my buddy's Pure Polaris pipe for his predator and stuck it on mine. My question is this. It's the the 8 discs and the quiet core in it. How can I make it louder. He said they make a straight through design that makes it louder. He has the HMF pipe now and it sounds wicked. Loud, but cool. Can I get mine that loud. Is there a straight through kit or just the quiet core? thanks

Brian

·
Registered
63 Posts
hey dude take everything off the end of the pipe and just run it with the end cap .. thats how i run mine

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So no discs or anything ? just straight through.... thta's what I'm going to do, sounds good to me. I'm ready to hear the predator howl.

·
Registered
217 Posts
W/B makes an endcap for the pipe that was the turned down end. i would recommend getting it if you are going to run the pipe without discs.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't know that WB made the end cap. I went outside and took the discs and the plate out and ran it with nohting on the end and well, I don't know, didn't seem to run as goood as with the spark arrester and discs in it. I then put the discs on it and the end piece, but not the plate that forces the exhaust out of the discs. I like the way it sounds, but still seems to be kinda weaker than with the spark arrester. I'll call polaris tomorrow and see if they can get me the end cap.. Or do I have to contact WB directly? Thanks

Brian

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have found that mine runs strongest with the quite core, 8 discs and then the endcap. Not sure if it has something to do with backpressure or what but it works. And it nots nearly as loud as with the open end either.

·
Registered
217 Posts
You will probably need to go through either W/B directly or through your local motorcycle shop. I don't think Polaris sells them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can I buy some more of the discs out of Rocky Mountain ATV magazine and stick them on there. That would let it flow more, but at the same time, still give it some back pressure. Thanks

Brian

·
Registered
57 Posts
You can buy more disc through W/B and some local shops if you have jetted and are running a modified or do air box you want to add 4 disc to the white bros when edelbrock dyno'd my bike the stock 8 was not enough and more than 4 was to many.

·
Registered
217 Posts
The more discs is good information to know. i have the clamp on filter and i rejetted but i did not add more discs. i am only running 8. i will add 4 more and see what that does for me. i am going to have mine dyno'd on the 24th.

·
Registered
455 Posts
If one would run the pipe with an open end, wouldnt that take away from the bottom end?

I ran my WB's without disks on my Honda for a short time and it hurt the bottom end and gave it more top end.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Check out rath's article in dirt wheels. He has worked with WB and said 10-13 discs is the ticket. No spark arrestor I believe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So thats with the turn down end and no spark arrestor?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi,so basically what there saying is add 2-4 discs on the pipe if you have a modded air-box or clamp on,if so how much of a gain will you see and is this worth the aggravation of going through the re-jetting deal or do you have to re-jet with the addition of the discs.It seems like a good thing but will it came back to bite in the end.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Rath might not be using the spark arrestor but Edelbrock just added disc and left spark arrestor in. rath may have other mods now but when his bike was at edelbrock he had his spark arrestor in they just added disc to his pipe with arrestor still in. with just carb and air box mod he still had stock filter in at that time. and the end result is 41.6 hp his dyno numbers where pretty close to mine. you can look at my profile to see the dyno #'s

·
Registered
6 Posts
So, I should only be using the really open ovular end when using the spark arrestor. It seems like the number of discs wouln't matter without the spark arrestor, since it would be straight, right?
Sorry for the confusion

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rocky Mountain ATV sells extra discs for the E-Series WB pipe. I saw this in their catalog that they sent me. Anyone know of a quick way to find some of the added discs on the net? What about the screws, will I need longer screws? thanks

Brian

I will leave the end cap in, I think it runs best that way as well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
No you do not need longer screws you can add 3-4 disc plus the quite core with the stock screws. and yes you would not care about disc if you are running with open in cap.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i still think it runs the best with just the end cap no disc or end cap and 4 disc

·
Registered
217 Posts
Brian,
I ordered the 6 pack of discs from Rocky Mountain online. They are $17 plus shipping. I usually get stuff from them in 3 days.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts