Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a run down of the cost of rolling your predator over. Which I did this past weekend and broke many parts. The funny things is I expected the plastic to break and it didn't. THe right front pastic fender bent all the way to the inside of the header pipe and melted a spot on it so I know it happened. ANd it didn't break or crack even. All four corners of the plastic bent down, all I did to fix was pull up and staighten out the bar that holds it on. But the steering and things on the steering bar got messed up pretty bad. The master cylinder was the most expensive peice because the clamp that holds the cylinder on the handle bars broke and it's a part of the cylinder mold peice and can't be bought seperate, you have to get the whole asembly. Here is a list with price of the parts that broke. I did all the repairs myself so no labor. I straigthen out the frame piece that the steering stem connects to myself with a hammer and the TrailTech Dashboard that bent also.

1910590 $139.99 Asembly, Master Cylinder (Incld. All)
7081097 $33.95 Choke Cable
1821210-385 $95.95 Post, Steering, Silver
4110264 $59.95 Switch, Ignition
5411439 $1.95 O-Ring for Throttle cover
5434113 $11.95 Throttle Cover
-----------
Total $343.74

Not to mention the cuts and bruises I got myself.

Just thought some people who haven't crashed their predator yet this is what it cost me to fix mine myself after my crash.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also crashed my predator and bent the frame and steering stem. I straightened the frame where the steering stem connects with a hydralic porta-power and then welded a round piece or steel to the lip of the frame. This seemed to strenghten the frame. Just thought someone might get some use out of the info.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
my rollover/ first crash costs, broken plastic mount on fender, who cares, broken stop on front brake lever, (keeps it from swinging out all the way) $3.95 for carb return spring to make stay in place, poked hole in handgrip and readjusted handlebars for me. most expensive cracked rib and bruised ego, was watched by like 40 guys, D"OH! really held up well to flipping 3 or so times though id say.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Razorglare Those prices are way high!!!! I rolled mine and replaced all on your list except the master cyl. I broke my Throttle cable too. If you can't get them to bring their prices down to a reasonable level then you may want to call elsewhere.

I know alot don't want to hear this but you might want to call The superbike shop especially if you were part of the Predator pack there. They gave discounts to members of their forum. I never had any unauthorized charges.

Heck I thought retail on the stem was $79.99 (still didn't pay that). Most have been able to get them for under $60 at thier dealer. Yours is really ripping you at those prices.

I dealt with Roger there. 1-812-477-1740.

Hope I was some help. Oh yea did I mention not to buy at those prices!!! :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know the stem was high, but the others were about normal prices that I've seen. I didn't know superbike shop sold stock parts. Isn't their web site down still? I know the dealer is really stuck on the prices no discounts on individual parts at all. I saw the Steering Stem at partsland for 85 I think, but this is closer and I get the parts faster. Next time I will call that superbike shop and get there if they can deliver the parts quickly.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I crashed mine too....take a look at my profile for pics...now i got the tld plastic and fat series dg nerfs

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow Live4quads, what did the backend hit that caused the plastic to break like that? Was it cold out maybe? My back end plastic is bent and can't straighten out but it didn't break. Looks kinda funny, like a droopy eye. But's is just the plastic no metal under it holding it down.

I got mine all back together in less than a week. But I noticed when reassembling the Throttle cable was broke also. It still works, I taped with some electric tape. But, I'll have to order a replacement. Hope it's easier to replace than the choke cable. That wasn't hard just had to take off carb to get to bolt with my tools.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Razorglare they are also a Polaris dealer that's why they sell partS.:) There new web site address is http://esuperbike.com/

Not sure if they still give great deals but at the time none of the local dealers could touch them. :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
no it was hot outside when this happend

1 - 9 of 9 Posts