Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who may take on the task of fabbing a aluminum Clutch cover for me. He hasn't done it yet ,But we started thinking That if we build it people may want to buy it. So what would you pay for one ? The cost of a new outter cover is around 120.00 dollars. We would have to see what it cost to make and time it takes to custom fab one. Those factors would have to be added into the price. Do you guys think it will be worth it?

·
Premium Member
4,620 Posts
that would be awesome but i do believe it would price it's self out of my justified range when i can buy another plastic one on ebay for under $60. if it could be done at a reasonable price i would like to have one for my 400 scrambler. i would think at $100 i would buy 2 at $200 it would be a stretch. it would have to be thick enough to withstand that belt blasting off at high rpm's. i have blown huge holes through those covers in the past. also i have melted them badly in the mountains and in the dunes. wouldn't it get hot as heck against your leg, and enough to melt your shoes if it was made out of metal?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good point but I would think that the aluminum would cause less heat then the plastic.If it is hot or warm then it would be nice in the winter.I here you on price, But I for one am sick of have to buy those cheap ass covers. It would be nice if I could find a comp to stamp punch them out by machine. Kinda like they did in AMERICAN CHOPPER for a fuel tank.( I forget which bike) Die punching would be the way to go,if I knew where and how much.

·
Premium Member
7,633 Posts
Can you reinforce the junk stock one? I'm guessing no....

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hell yea I might be in the market for one, let me know the price.
thanks allways. My wife has a srambler 560 2X4 aka 400, very fast mach, I've mod the hell out of it. It blows the hell out of my mod predator for sure.

Need a price tho, when I mod or do something special to it, I don't tell her till I got the parts on.

She would always say no to any mods, than it is like hell yea!!! I love you honey...
LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts