Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the airforce system from the superbike shop along with the w/b pipe? I just wanted to see what you all think about it. Gary told me that Trinity exhaust loses 2 HP, HMF is same as stock just louder, and he said FMF is 2 hp more than stock. He said the only thing he was able to get any extra HP for the machine was with the w/b pipe.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just got done installing it on my friend's predator, and it seems to make a HUGE difference. Still popping a little on the top end, but we ran out of daylight before we could finish playing with the carb. He's running the white bros slip on too. How many discs are you using? We're at 6 in his now. Any jetting tips would be appreciated too. :)
L8
Rob

·
Registered
104 Posts
did you get this dialed in? if so what did you end up doing to get it right?

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
I think Trinity would be interested in hearing this , he also claims that Yoshi does too and they are very upset with this guy over his accusations although I wasnt impressed with Yoshi systems numbers either., I wont go into detail on what I was told because that will just put me in a touchy spot and dont want to upset anyone. Im not going to stir up a fir over this, but I do no some of the claims arent totally valid on his claims on other pipes too. I have heard alot of good things on his system and hope you all get good results...So how can you go from gaining 52 HP to LOSING 2 Hp? thats a HUGE difference there.I do know dif. companys DYNO different......TINA

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Well I dbl checked with Trinity andthe specs are the same.. 5-6 HP gain with jetting and slightly modded air bow, with direct to carb K&N will even be more according to Trinity. According to both Trinity and Yoshi, this guy has had NO testing time on there products and they have nop clue who he is( i was one of only three sold at the time of shipment last week). I recieved an email a month or so ago from a guy that was told that he tested all the pipes that were getting ready for production, and both Companies had no clue who he was. IT sounds like for the pirce you are def. getting what you wanted out of the AIR FORCE KIT, I hope I can pull as much with a few mods too! :):):) TINA

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
The Air Force kit is a joke and isn't worth the money. You're better off with the regular clamp-on K&N filter and some regular jets you can buy for a couple of bucks most anywhere. Total cost with the outerwears will be under $50.

Rob

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
RobG, when you buy the clamp on and k&n, do you have to get a different needle? the dyno jet kit comes witha needle that is longer than stock, why?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey Shakin,

The DJ needle is a different taper to allow for a different fuel curve during the mid-range. I have that set-up and it runs great...as said elsewhere on many posts in this forum, you can do as well or better than the airforce kit for about $35-$50. That would include the new main jets, a new pilot jet, and the outerwear and K&N RU-1770...

Lots less stress, easier maintenance, and no worry about FOD caused by the "after filter" arrangement of the air vents that the A/F kit uses...

just my humble and happy opinion.... Good luck...

JJ

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
How bout just screw jets and get an edelbrock:)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I run a 44mm Lectron on alky on my '97 Sport and it is the ONLY alky carb I will EVER run. This thing is so fool proof and reliable. Did I mention "no jets"?

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
**** I wish fuel was as cheap as you guys say it is. Considering fuel is in the $1.80's or so for regular here everything is expensive. Alcohol is still more expenive than regular or av gas.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I think once more and more people start using the edelbrock carb, the lectron will be old news, I used them for a while on my drag bike, but ended up going back to plan old keihin's that we changed to run alchol. the edelbrock is a far superior piece. Alchol is great for drag racing, but not very practical for other uses, most of the trails that we ride would require at least 2 tanks if running alcohol, it's not worth the hassle of having to turn back early to refuel as you would with alcohol. I'll stick to alcohol only for the drags, where it is very practical and benefical.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ummm...RNGMASTR; I should have included a link to pics of my Sport. It's not exactly a trail machine and I was referring to Lectrons for two-strokes, not the Predator. Sorry for the confusion.
http://www.angelfire.com/or/Gurgorama/readers/eric3.html

·
Registered
993 Posts
Looks good! Any problems with the v-force reeds? We put a set in a 98 polaris scrambler that we did and it kept blowing them apart, we ended up doing some mods to the stock cage and using boysen reeds. We also used a few things from hpd, the guys are on top of the scrambler, sport market.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Sport that is one of the sickest bikes I have ever seen. I am speechless!

Zack

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
I second that!!!!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for the compliments! Never have a problem with the V-Force reeds. I run the old style HPD ones. (Read black cage)... Even when running nitrous through them had no problems. The original engine in that quad was a 7mm stroker putting out 439cc. It now has a cylinder ported by a local guy for alky. HPD was a great start for me, but I have found other engine builders to make more power for me.

·
Registered
242 Posts
dude that is freaking sick

·
Registered
993 Posts
All we used from hpd was the oil injection block off, plate to remove the starter, cool head, and there steering stem bearing. We did not like the looks of there porting. We do all our own porting and other engine work, I don't like to rely on other people to make power for me because most of them are someone that has no clue what they are doing. About 6 years ago we had a set of clyinders done for a banshee by trinity, huge mistake, my cylinders came back and they were hacked up so bad that they were useless and they did not get the head flat when the machined it down, so it was also scrap. it was a very expensive lesson learned. Since then a good friend of mine that I race with has opend a shop, they do everything, so it's much easier instead of have to deal with several different people for various parts of the bike. You can check his website out at www.tysonracing.com By the way, what kind of time are you getting for the drags with that thing? You don't see too many polaris bikes at the drags, so I bet you get a-lot of curious people there.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts