Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I can say is wow....There is a big difference between the two. First I installed the dyno..easy..very easy. Tested it. There was a power increase throught the power band.. It is worth it if you don't want to mess around with the air box and want a little more pep. Installed the the Airforce kit...I must admitt I was first leary of cutting up the air box. Installed the kit, it took about 1hour 30min. Tested it. Big power gains for a jet/air box kit combo. The nose will climb to the sky in 1st,2nd & 3rd. Conclusion...I hate brass screws..alot....The airforce kit is worth all of $99.00 us dollars, it just rips. If you are looking at max performace get the airforce kit. I haven't had a chance to drag any other quads because my weep hole is again leaking coolant(sh$$) I will post pictures of the air box in my profile...You need too cut the box and the lid for more air. By the way this is just my 2 cents and letting other Predator owners know about products out there. Next on the list is a Rath Racing seat cover and hydro clutch also from Rath.

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
meyerz:

I checked out your pix and they look good! But what I don't understand is the cut up airbox lid. The filter works by air coming in below it, then it flows (filtered) out the top and then foward into the carb. By cutting the lid like you did, haven't you basically bypassed the filter?

I'm ready to order one based on your test alone, but not only do I not see the airbox lid portion mentioned on their site, I'm not sure what to make of all that...

Rob

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm a little spooked by that myself. That would be sucking in air between the filter and the carb! Yikes!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rob and Tooth...I was suprised when I opened the kit with the lid mod also. Like you said, it's not pictured on there web site. You put foam between the screen and air box lid . I had this kit for a few days before I did the test, thinking will this suck in crud.

So I took the kit to my dealer and showed it to the mechanic too get his thoughts. He said the foam that comes with it is weaved like a filter. Also he stated keep it oiled and you will have no problems (instructions state to keep it oiled also). I would not have put this on my pred if I thought it would suck in dirt. I beleve it will keep the elements out. Also I had a few questions when instaling it. Called Superbike and was directed to talk with Gary. He was a pleasure to deal with, answered all my questions. What I'm trying to say is that he took the time to talk and did not act like he was in a hurry.

Just too let you know if you run the Airforce you need too change the set of the pipe. It goes as followed muffler, all 8 disc's, quiet core insert, then shiney end cap. It sound better also.

·
Premium Member
2,096 Posts
How much louder is it over stock?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Right on I was hopeing somebody was going to give a review on the kit. I have it and am just waiting on a nice day to do it. Right on!!!! thanks alot man.

-Chris

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chris get in your pred ASAP...you will love it....Hold on tight!

It is a little louder than how the pipe came out of the box....plus I think it has a better sound with the disc's then quiet core installed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey Meyerz, Did you do the W/Bros like Gary had asked? I did the box mod today and am going to finish up the Carb tomorrow. I took off the back plate and put the silencer core on and Oh my god is it frickin loud! Is there anything to do to not screw up the power difference yet make it a little quieter? Thanks in advance. I'm going to go ask on Gary's board too. I just don't want to get in trouble because how loud it is or something. Geezzzze.

-Chris

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I put it on like gary requested. I like the sound better this way...kind-of sounds like a street bike.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Alright I just got done putting it all on and good god. This thing rocks!! If anybody has been waiting to do something this is it. This kit is bad ass!

-Chris

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Where can I get the airforce kit and w/bros pipe?? I am having trouble finding websites that have products for my Predator.

·
Registered
249 Posts
go to the vendors section of this website and click on Evansville Superbike Shop
that will get you the airbox mod. the pipe - most dealers have in stock(wb makes it 4 polaris) but i'd shop around theres alot of other nice stuff coming out!

i personaly like the hmf but thats what i have. the sound is deep & loud and the finish & craftsmanship seem great.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Is Evansville Superbike Shop the only place to buy the airbox mod? I am having trouble with that stupid Paypal site. I never have liked that one.

·
Registered
53 Posts
what are the pros and cons of going airforce kit over the normal filter and outerwear that clamps right on to the carb? anyone know?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Using an airbox mod over the clamp on filter, you have a better chance of getting the jetting correct. With just the clamp on, I've heard all kinds of different jettings that each person swears by, but then says, that they changed it and it's better. With an airbox mod, you are in a little more control of the amount of air that goes in, so jetting is more accurate. Also, if you ride in a lot of wet or muddy areas, the clamp on isn't for you. Keeping the stock airbox and just moding it will help you keep a cleaner filter.

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
I raced a Predator this past weekend that had the exact same mods as mine, except he had the Air Force box. He was also running Haulers and I had my Sand Skate II's on. The result? A DEAD TIE. If I had still had my Haulers on (I took them off an hour earlier), I would have beat him.

I'm going to go to the clamp-on filter to see what kind of difference it makes. It may require carb jetting games, but that's okay because the carb is easy to get to.

Rob

1 - 20 of 29 Posts