Polaris Riders Forum banner

air/fule mixture screw

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  rngmstr 
#1 ·
What does the air/fule mixture screw help?

#2 ·
Idle to 1/4 throttle is where it's most effective.

#4 ·
It changes the air/fuel ratio, turning the screw in leans the ratio and out richens the ratio...

#6 ·
I was wondering the same thing, don't know a whole lot about carbs here guys!!!

#7 ·
Well it does have a fuel screw and it is on the bottom of the carb, but you will have to use a small drill bit and a screw to get it out. Dont drill to far or else you will damage the fuel screw. The only thing the fuel screw does for you is regulate the amount of fuel entering your engine from 0-1/4 throttle. If your bike does not run good in this area, then this is what you need to adjust. My fuel screw i believe is at 1-1/2 turns. My dealer had it at 1/2 turn and it was coughing slightly. It is something you will have to play with for your location. The needle does 1/4 to about 3/4 and the mainjet will do from about 1/2 to full throttle. You will need to play with these things when you do mods, but if you don't know what you are doing it can be very frustrating. good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.