Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, ive done the jetting, and needle stuff, but i dont know where the air fuel mix screw is, and if i find it i dont know that i need to mess with it any. can somebody tell me where to find this sucker? you can see what im running in my signature, it seems to be just pretty good,, once warmed up it raps fast and runs good, on the TT track im holeshotting most of the others and all out its great. but im wondering if maybe there is some more in there that im not getting out. The aftermarket pipe (aaen) is on the way soon as i get some $$ so help in tuning is appreciated.

·
Registered
434 Posts
If you can please put pictures somewhere on this, I'm needing to make the adjustment as well. Lots of people say it's on the carb and you need todrill it out, though I still can not find it.
Help is greatly apreciated. (and sometimes spelled right)

·
Registered
993 Posts
Your must grind or drill the aluminum until the brass plug appears(the raised round part of the bowl), pull the plug out and the air/fuel mixture screw is right there. I find it easier to gring the aluminum away with a die grinder or something similar, then just pull the plug out with a screw. the brass plug has a hole in the center and will pull right out once it is uncovered.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Oct 2003 ATV Sport has some pics....haven't had time to double check about the main/starter jet pic problem, though. :D

·
Registered
434 Posts
Grind where the 3 prongs that stick out of the bottom of the bowl? If I pull my bowl off I dont remember ever seeing a screw in the bowl. Is it in the front of the carb or on the side? I need a point of referance before I start grinding random tabs and stuff off my carb looking for the screw. A picture is worth 1000 words and a slip of the grinder is worth $400 for a Edlebrock carb.

·
Registered
839 Posts
The screw is on the bottom of the carb just in front of the bowl. There is a brass plug with a very small hole in it. The plug is visible and you dont have to grind anything to get it out. Just drill the small hole a little bigger and pop it out.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Perfect, I'll do it in the parking lot at work on my lunch, I think it will help a ton with the clamp on as it kinda sputters in the first few 1000 rpm under power.

Thanks a ton.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts