Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started installing the superbike air force kit. The direction don't seem to follow the pictures or something. I'm not real familiar with mikuni carbs either. It says to replace the main and pilot. on the phone they told me i would be fine with the the number 2 main. the kit doesn't include a pilot jet though. Is this kit supposed to include it? Did anyone change the pilot or move their needle??

ALso, what is this stuff about cutting off the mixture screw? Did everyone do that? What does it do? I have the entire thing done, but don't know what to do about cutting the mixture screw and pilot. what about bending the float tab, should that be 7mm about the rim of the carb? any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
thanks for the help. must be no one has this kit.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok got the kit installed but now it is leaking fuel from the breather hose on the float bowl.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Ya got 2 options on the fuel leak, plug the overflow or reset the float back to 13mm. I don't have the kit and have no plans to get one. I'm waiting on a carb replacement, the cv is junk so no use spending money on it.

On the mixture screw you have to remove the brass plug, I drilled a small hole and inserted a metal screw to pull it out. You can also cut the carb boss but I chose not to, my screw was 3 1/4 turns out from the factory.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I heard Edelbrock is coming out with a new carb for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts