Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know who makes an airfilter cover to keep the sand out????

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
If you're running the K&N slip-on, Outerwears work great. Also K&N has their own line of pre-filters.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately I'm not running the slip on. It's the K&N box style. I haven't found any outerwears for it. Someone said pantyhose works well. Any idea's??

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have to assume you are still using your air box since you have the K&N box filter, so how is sand getting to your filter? I realize that some dirt and sand will find its way into the air box, but the K&N can filter this stuff quite effectively. Did you modifiy your air box by drilling holes in it? If so, they make 12"x12" pieces of the outerwears material. Its water proof and will keep out sand. You can cut pieces that are bigger than the drilled holes and cover the holes. Or, you can order the TPI values, http://www.thunderproducts.com/tpi_valve.htm, to put in the holes.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks buzz. I guess what I was really looking for was a site where I could just order the material, although I like the TPI Valves. I guess you can just drill you some 1.5" holes in your air box and attach these valves. Looks pretty cool. You got em on yours?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I don't have mine in yet. My friend put his in and they are great. easy install. He put 2 of them in his airbox. Great airflow now. You will have to change the main jet accordingly, depending on the elevation at which you ride. We are at 500ft and it works good with a 165 main jet. I don't know of any sites online that sell the material. If i find any i will post it here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts