Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed 5 Uni-Vents into my airbox and a 160 main jet with the needle moved up one notch (clip down one position). Man does this thing rip! Thanks MODQUAD! It really woke it up some MORE! Don't worry, I'll have the dyno runs as soon as the guy has some time for me. These are the runs I'm going to do, any other sugestions would be appriciated:

1: Stock Pipe, filter and 150 jet with Uni-vents taped off.

2: WB Pipe and K&N Filter and 150 jet with Uni-Vents taped off.

3: WB Pipe and K&N Filter with 155 jet with Uni-Vents taped off.

4: WB Pipe and K&N Filter with 155 jet with Uni-Vents open (one at a time).

5: WB Pipe and K&N Filter with 160 jet with Uni-Vents taped off.

6: WB Pipe and K&N Filter with 160 jet with Uni-Vents open (one at a time).

As soon as I can get in there, I'll post the results for each run that made the largest difference.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
I have a silly question, How do you get the throttle needle out of the carb so you can change the clip setting?? I re jetted yesterday and wanted to lower my clip one notch but could not figure out how to get the needle out. I am not very good with carbs. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
249 Posts
take the top 2 screws out of the diaphragm cover. remove diaphragm and spring. then theres a plastic holder beneath that with a small spring. be careful not to "launch the spring". then you'll find the needle - it should have some washers along with the clip on it. just make note of the order everthing came out. its kind of hard to explain. go to www.partsland.com and get a diagam of the carb (they have parts diagrams online) - this should help you visualize the process. just be careful of the small spring it is very tiny! if you're like me a picture is worth a 1000 words. hope this helps - corey

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Thanks Corey, I saw that plastic holder, I just wasn't sure how to get it out without breaking it. I will try that web site. Thanks again.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That plastic hold is basically just pushed in there, at least it was for me. I just used a needle nose and carefully pulled it straight out.

·
Registered
249 Posts
yes just carefully w/ needle nose pliers worked for me too

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
CMC, ProX, thank you for the helpful information. I followed your directions and everything worked out GREAT!! MAN what a difference!! Just by fixing the jetting this way it turned my bike into a monster. THANKS again for the help.

·
Registered
128 Posts
ProXPredator Just wondering if you ever got to run it on the dyno? Really interested in the results. >Drew

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Has any one put a big uni vent in place of where the air intake tube goes into the air box? I dont knwo if they even make these in that size.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts