Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!!!! Thanks for filling us in! That TLD looks pretty tough on the site. Wish they had more pics. I'm sure they're in the works though. I was planning on getting the Pro Armor Nerfs, but I would like to see what AC's look like. Hope they get them up soon.....

·
Registered
42 Posts
i have an ac racing front bumper on its way. as soon as it on my beast i will post pics for everyone to drule over! ha ha ha im going to modify mine a little though. im going to put a set of billet trail tech 50 watt spot lights behind them for night riding. i will post pics of that too when i get the mounts made.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
I see RM has them too. abit cheaper also.. thats what Im getting... So which do you think looks better..... the DG bumper, or the AC? I kinda like both, but I LOVE the Ac nerfs!! Im ready to order..... TINA :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have the DG Pro V bumper on the way, i cant wait to see what it looks like. The Ac looks pretty good too

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just thought i would add this info. I orderd the Propegs and front bumper last week. I found out today that it will be 2 weeks before they get any more bumpers in and another week before the propegs come in. So don't be in a hurry to get these items, but i am sure they are worth the wait. In my opinion, AC Racing makes good stuff.

·
Registered
42 Posts
my bumper showed up and im not impressed with it. it didnt fit right, and i had to bend the crap out of the brackets to get it to fit right! i would never buy any thing from ac racing again! next time i will go with dg products.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Sorry to hear that spazz. That was the bumper I was going to buy. The same thing happened with the pro armor nerfs.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i sent an email to ac racing products about the bumper i purchased and
this is an exact copy, word for word of there reply back to me.

What was wrong with the bolts? Were they too short? The wrong thread?
This is a brand new product for a brand new bike. There is bound to be some minor tweaks that need to be made. Our bumpers are qc'd against a jig made off of the bike we prototyped them on. It could be that there are some minor differences in frames from bike to bike due to polaris manufacturing. Thank you for your input and we will double check the bumpers when we next get a bike into our shop.

Christopher Meade

AND THEY SENT THIS ONE TOO

Can you email me pictures of the bumper and close ups of the mounting locations so that I can see what you are talking about. This is the first complaint we have received about this bumper.

You might also want to email our technical support team and let them know about the troubles you had. Their email is [email protected] Their phone number is 714-808-8330 ext 17. They would be better qualified to tell you whether you got a bad bumper or if we have design problems.

Christopher Meade

·
Registered
141 Posts
The bumper may not have fit but it sure looks like they want to get it fixed if it's a design flaw. :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think they are making some changes. I sent them email because it has been a month since I ordered my bumber from AC and the response I got said that the new batch is going into production this week and should be ready to ship in 1 - 2 weeks. That response makes me think that they made some adjustments and that this batch should be better.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got my bumper from AC Racing today. They must have made some corrections to the design because I had no problems puting it on my predator. I did not have to do anything to it. Just bolted it on the quad. It took less than 2 minutes. I am very pleased with the way it fit and the way it looks. There are a couple of picture in my profile of the bumper mounted on my Predator.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
They did make some changes because the bumper I ordered from them a couple months ago didnt fit right so i took a bench grinder to the inside of the mounting tabs on the bumper and ground it down till it fit. Then I just ordered another bumper from them for my other Predator and it fit fine without any modifications.

·
Registered
141 Posts
They are redoing their Nerf bars also. I hope to finally receive a tracking number in about a week. I have no problem waiting for a company to fix a design flaw. :)

So far I'm really liking AC racing. Soo do they contact the previous people who ordered the faulty parts and offer them a replacement?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They have not sent anything to me about replacing my nerf bars. I did not have any problems with the propegs that I got from the a month ago. They installed fairly easy. I wonder what they are fixing on them?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I purchased several AC products from www.atvparts.biz back in the middle of may. I have received my front bumper and skid plate. I am still waiting for my pro peg nerf bars and swing arm guard. I do not know if AC racing is fixing these products for the predator or if atvparts.biz is just not getting the product quick enough for its customer. Just wondering if anyone has heard of products delays from AC racing or if i should find another supplier.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I'll go check the site, but for quick ref, does anyone know if they sell the heelguards seperate? Thanks.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I installed a set of the pro-pegs with the heel guards. They fit perfect and look awesome. I really like the extra wide pegs and the larger kick up. I would recommend these to anyone looking for nerfs.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts